Lamar vs UNO

geezer

Ladies are at home versus UNO tonight at 7 PM while the men travel to New Orleans for a 7 PM game. Personally I like this set up for weekday games better than the double headers. I think giving the Ladies a prime time spot at home during conference will be good for their attendance and growth of the program.

At the under eight timeout UNO is leading 25 - 11. LU has been their usual careless with the ball early and questionable shot selection. Add to that UNO has continued with their hot field goal shooting including a couple of miracle shots that have fallen.

Halftime for the men and UNO is leading 29 - 16. Disappointing first half for Lamar, LU shooting just 27% from the field including 1 of 8 from three point range. Lamar has 12 turnovers. Only positives are LU is leading in rebounding and has only committed four fouls but the foul total isn't as good as it looks as two of the fouls are on Weisbrod who has no points and only one rebound. Lamar will need to step up big time in the second half.

Critique of men's game. Probably not enough defensive energy at the start of the game but overall they played well defensively. Offensively Lamar needs a point guard that will control the floor, both Frenchwood and Noel are prone to turnovers that are the result of trying to do something spectacular rather than staying under control and running the offense. Harrison is a little out of control also, much like the comment I made a couple of weeks ago about Atwood trying to do to much rather than letting the game come to him. Foster played some tonight which is the first time in maybe four or five games, he seemed to play fairly solidly considering everything.

Agree that Frenchwood is the better of the two and maybe it was just a bad start or match up but he had early turnovers in both halves when UNO built their lead. I just think that point guard is still one of Lamar's weaknesses. It was good to see Bosha hit some shots in the second half and that Nzeakor is really becoming a force.

Critique of men's game. Probably not enough defensive energy at the start of the game but overall they played well defensively. Offensively Lamar needs a point guard that will control the floor, both Frenchwood and Noel are prone to turnovers that are the result of trying to do something spectacular rather than staying under control and running the offense. Harrison is a little out of control also, much like the comment I made a couple of weeks ago about Atwood trying to do to much rather than letting the game come to him. Foster played some tonight which is the first time in maybe four or five games, he seemed to play fairly solidly considering everything.

Would be nice if Lamar could have a first half without double digit turnovers.