Cards versus Southeastern La

geezer

Men are at home and ladies on the road. Looking at the schedule this is the last of four games that you only play the opponent one time this year. So far LU men are 1-2 with a split on the road and a loss at home. Southeastern comes in at 3 & 0 in conference play which makes this a very important game if the Cards have a shot at a regular season title because of future tie breakers. Go Cards

The Lions point guard Veal wrecked havoc on Stephen F.Austin.He was named to one preseason dream team and is very quick and sometimes out of control.Last year Weisbrod lit them up in the first half here .How each team deals with these two key players should help determine the winner.

Halftime and LU is up 42 = 27. Nzeakor leads all scorers with fifteen. He did pick up his second foul and spent about the last four minutes on the bench, he also has four rebounds and a steal. Bosha has done a good job of limiting SELA point guard Veal as he has only four points and has been contested on almost everything. Weisbrod has been fairly quiet with six points and five rebounds. Frenchwood is not suited up with an ankle injury. Edited by geezer

Lamar blows the great first half with a sixteen point effort in the second half. The Cards went back to the no movement offense and crazy forced shots by Noel and Garth. Maybe with a week off the Cards can figure out a way to turn things around, but I'm not expecting anything.

Watching last night it seemed obvious to me that their are several players that seem to attempt to take over a game that are not capable. Although it would probably negatively impact his defensive performance but Bosha might be a good point guard in that I have rarely seen him attempt to force a shot other than as the shot clock was running out. Going to a bigger but probably slower line-up and benching the players that want to try to play one on five versus working the offense could potentially produce benefits.

Their offense looks awful. If they set screens, they might be in better shape. I heard that TIC Price emphasizes that. They are imploding. I heard they were arguing amongst themselves in a huddle.

I missed the game but the times I’ve watched them this year drive me insane. There are times when they have great motion, set screens, and get good shots and they look great. Then they go in these long funks where it’s just the opposite, hardly any movement and just awful shot selection. I don’t get it and I don’t know if it’s the coaching or the players. Given that at times they do it, and do it extremely well, I have to think it’s the players. But then I wonder why Price doesn’t get them back focused and playing right? Maybe he tries and the players just don’t listen?? I don’t know but it’s maddening! 16 points in a half?? And they’ve done it before!!

The second half of the SELA game there was a whole lot of standing around and not near as many screens as in the first half. SELA played a zone to start the second half and with the lack of motion Lamar's offense stagnated.

There was a lot of quick shots from the outside that weren't scoring and a lot of forced one on five drives from the small guards into the zone that didn't deliver points or fouls on SELA.