Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards versus Southeastern La

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cards versus Southeastern La

Men are at home and ladies on the road. Looking at the schedule this is the last of four games that you only play the opponent one time this year. So far LU men are 1-2 with a split on the road and a loss at home. Southeastern comes in at 3 & 0 in conference play which makes this a very important game if the Cards have a shot at a regular season title because of future tie breakers. Go Cards

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Cards versus Southeastern La

The Lions point guard Veal wrecked havoc on Stephen F.Austin.He was named to one preseason dream team and is very quick and sometimes out of control.Last year Weisbrod lit them up in the first half here .How each team deals with these two key players should help determine the winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Almost afraid to comment, Cards are up by thirteen at the under eight time out in the first half. 29 - 16 LU

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Halftime and LU is up 42 = 27. Nzeakor leads all scorers with fifteen. He did pick up his second foul and spent about the last four minutes on the bench, he also has four rebounds and a steal. Bosha has done a good job of limiting SELA point guard Veal as he has only four points and has been contested on almost everything. Weisbrod has been fairly quiet with six points and five rebounds. Frenchwood is not suited up with an ankle injury.
    Last edited by geezer; 01-10-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

At the under eight time out of the second half the SELA has eaten into the Cards lead and are now down by seven compared to the fifteen at half time. SELA has one of their forwards pick up his fourth foul.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Second half and the turnover, poor shot selection team that dug the big hole in the previous games has returned and with 4:14 left in the game SELA has taken a one point lead.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Lamar blows the great first half with a sixteen point effort in the second half. The Cards went back to the no movement offense and crazy forced shots by Noel and Garth. Maybe with a week off the Cards can figure out a way to turn things around, but I'm not expecting anything.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Baseball season

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Overheard during halftime...

Mike Schultz: "I don't think anyone can have a worse season than I just had."

Tic Price: "Hold my beer!"
    ďThink of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.Ē ~George Carlin

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Their offense looks awful. If they set screens, they might be in better shape. I heard that TIC Price emphasizes that. They are imploding. I heard they were arguing amongst themselves in a huddle.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by coachacola View Post

now thats funny

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Watching last night it seemed obvious to me that their are several players that seem to attempt to take over a game that are not capable. Although it would probably negatively impact his defensive performance but Bosha might be a good point guard in that I have rarely seen him attempt to force a shot other than as the shot clock was running out. Going to a bigger but probably slower line-up and benching the players that want to try to play one on five versus working the offense could potentially produce benefits.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

I agree

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet T View Post
    Their offense looks awful. If they set screens, they might be in better shape. I heard that TIC Price emphasizes that. They are imploding. I heard they were arguing amongst themselves in a huddle.
    I missed the game but the times Iíve watched them this year drive me insane. There are times when they have great motion, set screens, and get good shots and they look great. Then they go in these long funks where itís just the opposite, hardly any movement and just awful shot selection. I donít get it and I donít know if itís the coaching or the players. Given that at times they do it, and do it extremely well, I have to think itís the players. But then I wonder why Price doesnít get them back focused and playing right? Maybe he tries and the players just donít listen?? I donít know but itís maddening! 16 points in a half?? And theyíve done it before!!

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Who is Mike Schultz?

Quote Originally Posted by coachacola View Post