Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals at Sam Houston

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Cardinals at Sam Houston

Ladies looking to solidify their position at the top of the conference (3:00 PM) while the men look to keep another small winning streak going and move up the standings (6:15 PM). Ladies won big in Beaumont and men squeaked out a come from behind overtime win. Expect Sam to be pumped to redeem themselves from the loss in Beaumont. Cards will need to bring a high intensity defense to the game, needing a strong performance from Nzeakor who has been in foul trouble the last couple of games and relatively ineffective. Also need strong performances from Frenchwood, Harrison and the subs. Expect full effort from Bosha as usual and Weisbrod.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Cardinals at Sam Houston

Despite a very poor shooting start (at one point LU was 2-20; 10%) the ladies force 12 1st quarter turnovers to pull out to a 13-8 lead after one quarter.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Ladies extend their lead to fourteen points at the half. Cards continue the tough defense forcing seven more turnovers and the offense picks up shooting 50% in the second quarter. Halftime score LU 34 - Sam 20

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Ladies continue to pressure Sam and extends the lead further in the third quarter moving out to a 58-34 lead.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Ladies win: Final 68-44

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Men's game: LU fails to get a field goal in the first four minutes and are down by three at the first media timeout. Lamar playing good defense so far just not hitting the baskets.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Lamar gets a couple of three pointers to fall and are up by four at the second media timeout, but Sam will be at the free throw line after the time out.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

At the half the game is tied at 32-32. Lamar defense forced ten Sam turnovers while Lamar committed four. Sam is winning the battle on the boards with 22 to Lamar's 14. Sam has four starters with two fouls and for LU, Nzeakor is the starter with two fouls. Lamar will need to keep up the intensity in the second half and improve their shooting percentage.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

First eight minutes of the second half is fairly even with Lamar holding a four point lead at the under twelve minute time out but it has been full of fouls with both teams in the bonus. Sam has one player with four fouls and one with three. Lamar has two with three fouls.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

6:30 left in the game and Sam is up by five. Big factor in the second half is the fouls/ The refs are calling a bunch of ticky tack fouls and Lamar is getting the short end of it so far with thirteen fouls in the second half to seven for Sam. Nzeakor has sat for the last four minutes are so with three fouls.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Under four minute time out and Sam is up by two and will be shooting free throws as Nzeakor picks up his fourth foul to create the time out.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

With the game tied Lamar commits a turnover with fourteen seconds left and Lamar then commits a foul on the rebound with three seconds left. Sam makes the free throw to win the game 71- 69.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

People ask me why I still take the Enterprise . I usually tell them that the Houston paper does not cover Lamar and SE Texas (as we use the term that doesn't include Houston). If you saw Sunday's Enterprise there wasn't a word about either Lamar game! In fact, the entire Sunday sports section did not have a single story on SE Texas. Even the Chronicle had a paragraph or two on the men's game.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    People ask me why I still take the Enterprise . I usually tell them that the Houston paper does not cover Lamar and SE Texas (as we use the term that doesn't include Houston). If you saw Sunday's Enterprise there wasn't a word about either Lamar game! In fact, the entire Sunday sports section did not have a single story on SE Texas. Even the Chronicle had a paragraph or two on the men's game.
    thrifty nickel is better reading....

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    It's gotten as thin as cheap toilet paper too.