SLC Mens Tourney

geezer

Now at the under eight minute timeout of the first half and UCA is up by one point. Nzeakor has been pulling the load for the Cards as he has twelve points. Price is trying to control his play by giving him short breaks. Weisbrod picks up his 2nd foul just after the timeout.

Halftime finds the Cards down by two 33-31. Nzeakor has fourteen of Lamar's 31 points and has done a steady job on defense and on the boards. Live stats aren't working but I think LU only has made one three point shot. I would consider it a win at this point that Lamar has stayed close with Weisbrod on the bench for the last seven plus minutes and really not contributing much on offense throughout the first half. Edited by geezer

After the early second half run the Cards have taken some quick shots and committed a few turnovers and at the under twelve minute timeout are only up by three. Weisbrod has picked up his third foul and is back on the bench.

Lamar blows the early second half run and drops the game with scoring just two points over about the last nine minutes of the game. Seasons over for the Cardinal men unless they get a bid to a third or fourth level tourney.

I hate to say it this typical of this year’s Cards. Their inconsistency has killed them way too often. I can’t beliece Tic said that the opponent wanted it more. I’m scratching my head over this one. A 20 win season and advancing in the SLC Tourney isn’t proper motivation I don’t know what is.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that, that answer is placing the blame on the players rather than examining the coaching and game plan. On the one hand I can't say that he isn't correct compared to how you or my attitudes of what we think we would do if we were playing. For me I know I gave it 100+% no matter what the chance of pulling out a win was. I also know by abilities at basketball would never allow me on a court with any of these guys from a talent level. Have you noticed Lamar has never gone to a big line up in any game that mattered. Does Price have or can he develop an offense that can use three big men at the same time? Has Weisbrod been playing injured? He didn't seem to be nearly as good of a rebounder the last few games as he did last year and earlier this year.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that, that answer is placing the blame on the players rather than examining the coaching and game plan. On the one hand I can't say that he isn't correct compared to how you or my attitudes of what we think we would do if we were playing. For me I know I gave it 100+% no matter what the chance of pulling out a win was. I also know by abilities at basketball would never allow me on a court with any of these guys from a talent level. Have you noticed Lamar has never gone to a big line up in any game that mattered. Does Price have or can he develop an offense that can use three big men at the same time? Has Weisbrod been playing injured? He didn't seem to be nearly as good of a rebounder the last few games as he did last year and earlier this year.

You can always say the gameplan should have been different, but we took 15 more shots than UCA. For the most part we got good looks too. We just didn't shoot well. It's that simple.

You can always say the gameplan should have been different, but we took 15 more shots than UCA. For the most part we got good looks too. We just didn't shoot well. It's that simple.

I hope we don’t play in the CIT tournament. We don’t deserve it.