2018 Football predictions

PeckEm

i havent received anything in the mail....i did have a missed call from ticket people a week or so ago

I finally called to send us an invoice for our tailgating spots and tickets. Very dysfunctional. I don't understand how this happens. All current ticket holders / tailgaters should be sent an invoice by the end of May with a 30 day option to renew. Also (to make matters worse) if you want to buy any McNeese gear/tents/footballs you can find them at the local Beaumont Sam's Club...no Lamar gear to be found.

Edited by LU1991
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
Per LamarCardinals.com media day report the team reports for fall camp two weeks from today on August 2nd. Good news Cards are picked tenth in the preseason poll. Virtually only path is up. Edited by geezer

I finally called to send us an invoice for our tailgating spots and tickets. Very dysfunctional. I don't understand how this happens. All current ticket holders / tailgaters should be sent an invoice by the end of May with a 30 day option to renew. Also (to make matters worse) if you want to buy any McNeese gear/tents/footballs you can find them at the local Beaumont Sam's Club...no Lamar gear to be found.

finally went online and bought tickets. Never got anything in mail, email....i think someone new must be in charge of tix, and they are dropping the ball. Coming off last season, they should be out in force trying to sell tickets.

Also, My tickets ive had since the begining were available to anyone? But, judging from the tix available, they ain't sold jack sh*t....looked like 95% of my section was avaiable.

I got my renewal all the way back in March. I actually didn’t renew due to the combination of my daughter playing soccer and the 3:00 games now. Basically if I were to miss one game (which is very possible now) then season tickets aren’t any cheaper than buying at the gate. Will still be there when I can but but didn’t see a point renewing.

I got my renewal all the way back in March. I actually didn’t renew due to the combination of my daughter playing soccer and the 3:00 games now. Basically if I were to miss one game (which is very possible now) then season tickets aren’t any cheaper than buying at the gate. Will still be there when I can but but didn’t see a point renewing.

yup..my main reason for renewing was just supporting the program. i waited too long for LU to bring back football.

3 pm kickoffs, another wonderful Schultz idea. be lucky to get 5k.

KENTUCKY CHRISTIAN, BEAUMONT, 9-1-18, 6PM

TEXAS TECH, LUBBOCK, 9-8-18, 3PM

NORTHWESTERN STATE, BEAUMONT, 9.15.2018 6 PM

SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA, BEAUMONT, 9-22-18, 6PM

NICHOLLS, THIBODAUX, 9.29.2018 3 PM

Incarnate Word, Beaumont, 10.13.2018 3 PM

Sam Houston State, Beaumont, 10.20.2018 3 PM

Stephen F. Austin, Nacodoches, 10.27.2018 3 PM

Central Arkansas, Conway, 11.3.2018 TBA

Houston Baptist, Beaumont, 11.10.2018 3 PM

McNeese, Lake Charles, 11.17.2018 6 PM

Six home games in 2018. The first three are set for a 6:00PM kickoff, while the last three are scheduled for a 3:00pm start. I wonder how much game time temp predictions factored into start times or did the Conference want earlier start times for games later in the season?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/conferences/schedule/_/id/30/southland-conference

So the ticket office is a mess and they are scheduling games at times that fans don’t like. I just don’t get it. Lamar football has been a failure for most of it’s on and off again existence yet they keep making stupid mistakes. At least the Chicago Cubs were lovable losers. LU seems to aiming to be losers and nothing more.

Not sure how the conference picks games for the tv game of the week, but the Sam Houston game definitely could be one and I think those games have been afternoon games in the past. If that is the case then a pre-planned start time of 3 PM would be better than changing the time a week or so before the game. The other possible reason might be that the school is thinking (probably incorrectly) that fans might come from farther distances and still have a reasonable drive home after the game.

• 3 weeks later...
So the ticket office is a mess and they are scheduling games at times that fans don’t like. I just don’t get it. Lamar football has been a failure for most of it’s on and off again existence yet they keep making stupid mistakes. At least the Chicago Cubs were lovable losers. LU seems to aiming to be losers and nothing more.

Ditto

Not sure how the conference picks games for the tv game of the week, but the Sam Houston game definitely could be one and I think those games have been afternoon games in the past. If that is the case then a pre-planned start time of 3 PM would be better than changing the time a week or so before the game. The other possible reason might be that the school is thinking (probably incorrectly) that fans might come from farther distances and still have a reasonable drive home after the game.

I’d doubt they’d pick the pre-season 10th place team to be featured on television

I’m going to say LU will surprise this year and will give Tech a closer game than what everyone expects and will have a winning conference record. I’m counting on the skill positions to step up which may be too much to ask for.

hmm...im thinking somewhere around 71-3. one good thing, tech doesn't have a returning starter at qb, may knock it down to 65-3

I imagine tech does to us what we should do against Kentucky Christian....

Kentuck Christian...naia, 500 students, 1-10 last year...how does one even go about finding them to schedule a game?

I’m going to say LU will surprise this year and will give Tech a closer game than what everyone expects and will have a winning conference record. I’m counting on the skill positions to step up which may be too much to ask for.

Lol