***Lamar vs Texas Tech Game Thread***

KABrother88

I think the defense is doing a better job of tackling than they did last year. Hopefully none of the first half injuries are season ending. Offensively Colberts passing accuracy doesn't appear to be any better than last year and his decision making is still poor. I'm ready to see Hoy. The receivers have to catch the balls that are close. Randle has to make the interception, knock the ball down or just play to make the tackle.

Im am also on the fire Schulz campaign. We are a terrible football team. I don’t care if they are an FBS team, this is pathetic!!! We are expected to lose, but they are trying to drop a hundred on us. There shouldn’t be this much iof a difference in talent. Kentucky Christian would have played them tougher than we did. In Woodward’s worst showing, it was not this bad. I don’t blame our players, I blame the coaches. I listened to 560 for pregame. They said Schultz came to Lubbock to win the game. That’s a joke right? If we are trying to win then we were not prepared by our coaches. I am embarrassed by our showing today.

Im am also on the fire Schulz campaign. We are a terrible football team. I don’t care if they are an FBS team, this is pathetic!!! We are expected to lose, but they are trying to drop a hundred on us. There shouldn’t be this much iof a difference in talent. Kentucky Christian would have played them tougher than we did. In Woodward’s worst showing, it was not this bad. I don’t blame our players, I blame the coaches. I listened to 560 for pregame. They said Schultz came to Lubbock to win the game. That’s a joke right? If we are trying to win then we were not prepared by our coaches. I am embarrassed by our showing today.

Totally agree. At least against a MUCH better Baylor team we were somewhat competitive for a half. If this is the best product we can come up with then we should just scrap the damn program. And, ANYONE can say what they want... THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THERE IS A 77 POINT DIFFERENCE IN TALENT BETWEEN US AND TECH!!!!

My first impression, of the defense, was not too bad. On the offensive side, Colbert just can't run a passing attack.I imagine Schultz will start Colbert against Northwestern State but I think that the Colbert era will end shortly.

Duh! He already proved that last year. And before that at SMU. And even worse, he can’t “run” the running game. I assume since the idiot Schulz wants a “dual threat” that means he wants a qb that can run? And I assume most of these stupid, unimaginative, runs are some sort of read option? If so, Colbert has about 1% accuracy on when to keep vs when to hand off. And apparently there is a rule with our zero talent receivers that the middle of the field is off limits?? It’s the same exact crap as last year.

Another thing I heard on 560 in the pregame show was that the coaching staff believed that Colbert was the best QB on the team. When Schultz said this it sounded like nobody else thought this except him and the “yes man” coaching staff. I don’t know much about Hoy or Morse except for what I have read on BRI, but it sounded like no one else on the team believed this. This is my opinion. When SHSU lost Fritz as a coach they hired Keeler. A proven winning head coach at the FCS level. We gave Schultz, with no head coaching experience, a chance to make LU a winner. He will make sure you know he coached LT in college. I could have coached LT in college and he would have been great. Unless we play Kentucky Christian every game, we are doomed. Another thing I have read,heard and has been shoved down my throat, was how much bigger, stronger and faster we are. We set all these lifting records in the weight room. Well it translated well against an NAIA school, but against a real opponent, not so much. Don’t get me wrong, I want LU to be great, I am a season ticket holder, cardinal club member and former player, maybe this is why I am passionate to see us be good. I don’t post much, but read a lot of BRI. I’m not a gambler, but the spread was 44-48. The gamblers believed in us better than we showed. I believe we have the talent to win our conference, but I do not believe we have the coaching/play calling on both sides of the ball. I hope we get this turned around and I hope the coaches prove me wrong.

tt's largest margin of victory since 1932. most points scored since 2006. first shut out since 2005. most rushing touchdowns in their "modern day" history.

hell, we're not just bad, but a special kind of bad!

Back up the truck. You predicted a slaughter.

well, first things first.....TT sux

Kliffy is on the hot seat, and would score 100 if he could. If they use the same qb, its a battle of noodle arms. They are bad..Not Kansas bad, but bad.

us? coming off a 2 win season of major suckage.

tt-56

LU-9

We all thought that the offense would score but we all learned something. If Colbert starts the Northwestern game, where he left off vs Texas tech and where he left off last season, then Schultz and Dodd need to sit him down and go another route. If they don't, then let the criticism begun. We should know early in next week's game.

Am I the only one who thinks that the defense is better than last year's?

I thought the defense played well, especially considering they had no support from the offense. The Oline is better then last year, but the Quarterback and skill positions are what debilitated the offense. I think we need to try number 8 or 17 at qb

From what I saw of Hoy he is a better passer than Colbert but maybe not as good of a run threat. Colbert passing is way less than adequate but the receivers didn't help any either. They dropped way too many catchable balls and at least two of the interceptions were on balls that could have been caught.

Quite disappointing. Didn't expect to win but felt like we should have kept it to 30 points or so to show we are headed in the right direction. I am thinking Schultz is committed to riding Colbert and his offensive scheme out no matter what the outcome, even if it costs him his job. If that happens, he will at least be able to sing "I did it my way"!!

On another note (and of topic), my first allegiance is LU, but I do follow UT also. Looks like the Horns also made a bad buy in Herman! I don't want to hijack this thread about that. Just a quick observation.

My wife is a UT grad so we watch their games. Their offense sucks too. A slightly better Tulsa team would have beat them. At least UT picks a good coach before hiring a couple of losers unlike LU.