Dallas Cowboys 2018 Season

eagle eye

If you want to get an idea of just how much Dallas dominated the Eagles on Sunday you have to look no further than time of possession, Dallas 45:33 and Philly 22:32. Or how about plays run by each team? Dallas 93 Eagles 48. How about first downs? Cowboys 32 Eagles 16. About the only statistical categories the Eagles won was QBR and turnovers. Carson Wentz' QBR was 120.3 while Dak Prescott's QBR was 104.9 and the Eagles got 3 turnovers to the Cowboys 2. It's a wonder that Prescott had a 104.9 QBR after he threw 2 picks and lost a fumble, all three TO's led to Eagles scores. Dak did throw for 455 yards in the game, the most by a Dallas QB in a win and that 455 was tied for 3rd most in a game in Cowboys history. Tony Romo holds the record for most yards with 506 which he recorded in a loss to Denver and Peyton Manning 5 years ago while Dandy Don Meredith tossed for 460 yards in a game back in the sixties. Dak's 455 is tied with Troy Aikman who did it in 1998 against the Vikings. Romo, Meredith and Aikman's big days were all in a losing cause. Dak set records for pass attempts (54) and completions (42) in the game and if he'd quit overthrowing Michael Gallup he would have had 1, possibly 2, more TD passes and he would certainly have broken Romo's single game yardage record. It's been 4 days since that game and you know all the stats by now. All I can say is thank you Zeke for your 100+ yards rushing and 40 touches in the game and thank you Amari Cooper for your 10 catches for 217 yards and 3 TD's. Dallas won both because of and in spite of Prescott. Dak is what he is at this point but he needs to get better like Tony Romo got better every year when he became the starter.

It's time to put the Philly game to bed. It's over and we can enjoy the win but there is still work to be done before January comes. The next challenge will be against the Indianapolis Colts who just ended the Houston Texans 9 game win streak last Sunday. They have won some games of late, the only stumble coming two weeks ago against Jacksonville who shut them out 6-0. Dallas had better study the film of that Houston game because the defense pretty much shut down the Texans offense and the Colts offense just picked apart the Texans defense. The Colts know they have to win out to have a shadow of a chance at a Wild Card and they would like nothing better than to end the Cowboys 5 game winning streak getting a clean sweep of Texas in the bargain. If Dallas wins they would just about clinch the NFC East and at the same time pretty much bury the Colts postseason dream. It's not encouraging to see that Zeke didn't practice yesterday. Elliott is the lynch pin that holds the Cowboys offense together. If Zeke doesn't play Sunday my outlook on the Cowboys chances is pretty slim. C'mon Dallas, get Zeke in the whirlpool, get him a massage or two, do cryo-therapy. Show Zeke the film of Emmitt Smith single-handedly beating the NY Giants to win the NFC East way back in 1993 with a separated shoulder he suffered in the first half. Whatever it takes, get Zeke in the game and beat the Colts. Then he can rest until the playoffs. Beat the Colts Sunday.

Well into the first half of the game. I am DVR'ing the game and I don't begin watching for a while so I can skip through the commercials so I am still not aware of the game status. That said, I saw the Texans struggle against the Jets yesterday and there is no reason to believe that Dallas won't struggle against the Colts if, for no other reason than Andrew Luck who seems to have found his Dallas Clark in Eric Ebron. Is TY Hilton playing which is the new age Marvin Harrison so I suppose I'm also saying that Andrew Luck is the new age Peyton Manning. This trio lit up the Texans last week but, as we saw yesterday, a good QB can make a defense look fairly pedestrian. All that said, I'm not giving the Colts much of a shot at beating the Cowboys. In truth, The Cowboys should take care of Indy unless they help the Colts by playing stupid which includes a boat load of penalties. Dallas won last week against Philly despite 3 turnovers and 11 penalties. It seemed, for a time, that Dallas was trying to give the game away to the Eagles before finally pulling their heads out of their collective arses. I have a feeling that Dallas has enough talent on defense to pretty much shut down the Colts and I am quite sure Dallas offense is more talented than the Colts defense. Really, all the Colts have on defense is Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate Darius Leonard. He is the Colts best defensive player but you never know about how a team will rise up especially on their home field. Generally speaking, home field is usually worth about 6 points to the boys in Vegas so it stands to reason that Dallas needs to win by 7 or more just based on the spread. The Colts still have a shot at a Wild Card so they should be motivated. I have a feeling that this will be a close game and likely a low scoring game. Dallas will not have yet another All Pro offensive lineman as Zack Martin will miss due to the knee injury he suffered last week. I expect Connor Williams will take over at right guard while Xavier Su'a-filo will remain at left guard.

What does all this mean? I think the game will end up in the teens and if anyone gets to 20 points that team will win. The final score via my crystal ball is Dallas 22 Indy 18. Now, I can go watch the game!!!

Congratulations, you're right, the team that scores more than 20 points will win. Colts 23-0 over Dallas halfway through the 4th quarter. You might want to delete that game recording, nothing to see here folks move along. Mr Happy Clappy had them mentally ready to play today, not.

There is literally nothing I can add to what Dracula said about the humiliating loss in Indianapolis last Sunday. The first time in 15 years the Cowboys have been shutout. That pre-Romo folks. That would either be Drew Bledsoe or Quincy Carter. Yikes. Now, you would think a team that has a chance to not only clinch their division but also put the Redskins and Eagles out of their misery would be motivated enough to play like they gave a damn. Okay, I'll grant you, the Cowboys probably gave a damn but how demoralizing is it to have a 10 play drive, a 15 play drive and a 14 play drive and come up with zero points? A blocked field goal that more of a mishit than it was a great effort on the Colts part. I don't trust Matt Whatshisname any farther than I can throw him. I predict that Dallas will have a new kicker in 2019. I'm just saying. Also, if there are any more of these real stinker games then I think the folks that want to see Jason Garrett fired will get their wish. This 2018 defense is the best the Cowboys have had since 1995, which was the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl and all this team can manage through 15 weeks is 8 wins? Seriously? A lot of the blame, almost all of the blame, is on the Cowboys offense. Aside from a couple of games Dak Prescott has struggled. He fails to recognize open receivers or he fails to get them the ball. He has accuracy issues and he holds the ball too long resulting in a lot of sacks. It's not all on Dak but a lot of it is. People talk about Dak's leadership skills and that may be but, like General Pickett at Gettysburg leadership isn't everything. Pickett's issue was he was outgunned, Dak's issues go way deeper. Pickett was a great soldier but Dak is not a great QB. People want to equate playing football with going to war. I hate that analogy but for argument's sake let's go there. If Dak were Pickett, for example, and Dak swung his sword at his enemies as he charges an enemy position more often than not Dak would whiff and more than likely Dak would be killed because you can't whiff in battle. In more modern times if Dak has a rifle and is shooting at his enemies he would likely miss and he would miss high because that's what Dak does. He misses high most of the time. Unless of course the enemy is 3 yards from him then Dak would connect because we all know Dak knows how to check down. So, you miss a field goal on one possession, on another you throw a bad pass to a wide open receiver who fails to even put his hands on the ball as it drops helplessly to the ground and on 4th down you line up with 3 tight ends and one wide receiver. I hate that bunch formation because there are more defenders than there are blockers and you have 3 subs playing on the O-line. Dumb call, poor execusion so, on 4th and 1 Dallas turns the ball over on downs. The third possession the Cowboys are in field goal range until Dak is sacked all the way back near midfield. Game over. Indy scores a TD, and two field goals to take a 13-0 lead into halftime. Jason Garrett was bold in this game but when you only convert a 4th down opportunity once in 5 tries maybe you should have been more conservative. Maybe that's why the defense played so badly, they had no hope. They know exactly what it looks like when Dak sucks and he sucked on Sunday against the Colts. Dallas had the chance to do so much good for themselves by beating the Colts including keeping some pace with Chicago for the 3rd seed in the playoffs. Although, if the playoffs started today Dallas would play Seattle. If they had the 3rd seed they would have to play Minnesota. It's pick your poison there so maybe it's not any difference but, at this point Dallas can lose out on the playoffs altogether if they play like they did Sunday against Tampa Bay and the Giants. Don't get comfortable folks, this roller coaster ride is not over yet. Edited by eagle eye

The Cowboys barely escaped their own stadium with a win today. Again, Dak shows he is not a franchise QB with questionable play. I won't list all the bad things he did but how a decent offense struggles against the 28th ranked defense is beyond me. Dallas won because the Cowboys got an extra score thanks to a 64 yard fumble recovery and return for a TD by Jaylon Smith. This team is in deep stuff in the playoffs because this offense is under performing like crazy. Zeke can't gain a hundred yards on a team that gave up 245 last week? Your best receiver has 4 catches for a mere 40 yards? It's bad enough that Dak and the rest of the offense is struggling but the refs seemed to be on the Bucs side today. 3 non-calls for delay of game and one delay of game call nullified by a BS delay of game infraction by DeMarcus Lawrence that was almost as bad as the roughing the passer call on Randy Gregory who did nothing but tackle Jameis Winston. There were other calls that went against Dallas or were not called like a face mask penalty that should have been called a couple of times. It's a testament as just how bad Tampa Bay is when they get a struggling team to play AND they have the refs on their side. It's not just me, Troy Aikman said as much when he commented on the poor job the refs did today. All is well, I guess. Dallas clinched the NFC East despite the win by Philly today. How sick would that be if Dallas has to play the stupid Eagles again in the playoffs. The refs were instrumental in the Texans loss as well. Most games this season have been a laundry fest, flags flying everywhere but in the Cowboys and Texans games the flags were not only plentiful but the refs did a lousy job calling those games.

Well great big happy dance. The Cowboys won the East and it looks like they will host the Seahawks in a wild card game. I wish I could be more enthusiastic but I've been down this road, with the Cowboys, and I just expect the Garrett led Boys to implode with a one and done. Unfortunately, they did make the playoffs so we can expect Garrett to not only be here next year but will probably get an extension. The good news is that Linehan is probably gone regardless of what happens ,in the postseason, and Maranelli is going to retire. Hopefully, whoever is making the management decisions, can find a new OC , who can better utilize Dak's talents, if Dak's skills can be placed in a system to maximize his skill set.

Don't expect the Cowboys to rampage thru the playoffs, it's less frustrating that way.

Just some random thoughts about the Cowboys on the Thursday after Christmas;

First, I hope everyone had a joyous and safe Yuletide. My family and I had a very nice Christmas and I was able to talk to my son in Afghanistan! He and his buddies posted a couple of Christmas pics from their base, so they are doing as well as can be expected. Thank you, Lord, for keeping him and the men and women he is serving with safe for the holiday! Ooo-Rah!

Randy Gregory has seen his share of ups and downs, mostly downs, but he had his best game of his brief Cowboys career in last Sunday’s win over Tampa Bay. He had a sack that resulted in a fumble which Jaylon Smith took to the house and he had another sack nullified by a lousy call on roughing the passer. It’s ridiculous some of these RTP calls. It’s seemed all year that if Gregory does something good in a game he gets flagged for some BS call. Gregory did a good job in the game stepping up after Tyrone Crawford suffered a neck stinger on the 2nd play of the game. Gregory and another unsung player, Taco Charlton, combined to play their best when it mattered most in clinching the NFC East title. below is a link to an article featuring Gregory from ESPN writer Elizabeth Merrill that shed some insight into Randy Gregory the man. It’s a sad story but one that seems to be working toward a happy ending.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25426510/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-talks-being-real-bad-place

The Cowboys have 5 players that will represent the team in the Pro Bowl this season. LT Tyron Smith, RG Zack Martin, DE Demarcus Lawrence, RB Ezekiel Elliott and making his first ever Pro Bowl in his 4 seasons in the NFL, Byron Jones. There should be no doubt that LB’s Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith should on the list as alternates. Vander Esch had a season high 15 tackles last Sunday and Smith added 10 tackles and a 69-yard fumble recovery for a TD.

Dak Prescott drives me crazy. For every good play he makes it seems like he makes 2 bad ones. He’s going to cause me to have a heart attack, I just know it!

Jason Garrett said in his press conference today that any player who is healthy and practices will play in Sunday’s finale at New Jersey. It’s sort of Bill Belichick-ian of Garrett. All 16 games matter and it’s important to maintain momentum as you head into the playoffs. I fully believe that you can’t play scared, you just play. But, guys who need the rest like Tyron Smith and Zack Martin should probably sit to give them a chance to rest their injured parts so they will be ready for the playoffs. I would include Zeke in that. He has taken a beating this season and he’s going to win the NFL rushing title regardless if he plays or not.

Brett Maher won his 2nd Special Teams Player of the Week on the strength of his 59-yard field goal that he kicked just before halftime in the Cowboys win over Tampa Bay. The first time was just a couple of weeks ago when he booted a 62 yarder against Philadelphia that set a franchise record.

Tavon Austin (remember him?) was back at practice for the first time in literally months. He has missed most of the season because of a groin injury that worse the normal groin injury in that the muscle or tendon actually pulled loose from the bone this caused the normal healing time to double or triple. He is likely to play in Sunday’s finale in New Jersey.

It's 30 minutes to kickoff of the last week of the regular season. Gosh, how time flies. Dallas has wrapped up the division and they don't really need to win today. It changes nothing in the grand scheme of the playoffs, win or lose, but the Cowboys have given lip service to the notion that they all want to play and win the game. The coach says every game is important and whoever is able to practice will play. The Giants, today's opponent, is playing for pride and a lot of guys are playing for a job in 2019. It's likely the Giants are more motivated than the Cowboys and they are at home. I want Dallas to win because I always want Dallas to win. I do hope the Cowboys rest players who are banged up like Zack Martin and Tyron Smith. Get these guys healthy for the playoffs, or what would pass for healthy at this time of the year. I'd also like to see the Cowboys sit Zeke. The guy has had a tremendous work load this year and I would want him fresh for the playoff game next week. Unless Seattle loses and Minnesota wins to take over the No. 5 seed Dallas will play a very physical game next week against Seattle. Let Rod Smith carry the rock today and the Cowboys brought up Darius Jackson so the Cowboys are set there. Amari Cooper is still learning the offense and he has sort of disappeared the last two weeks. I can't think of anyone on defense I would sit. Facing, or possibly facing Saquan Barkley will be a good test for the D as they head into the Seattle game. Seattle will run the ball, run it again and when all else fails they will run it some more. Today should be a good test for the Cowboys run defense.

I'll bet Sean Lee will play today and that is significant because given his health (or lack of it) and age and salary this could be the last regular season game Sean Lee plays for Dallas. Today could be the official passing of the torch at linebacker with Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch represent the clear future for the position. I'll also bet that if Lee does retire after the season is over he will be back next year as a coach.

What does all this mean? I don't have a clue but a lot of people feel like Dallas will put up only token resistance today and the Giants are everyone's favorite to win today. I'm too much of a homer to join that crowd so I think Dallas will walk the talk they been giving lip service to all week.

What's the final score? Dallas 23 NY Giant 17.

It's Friday! Obviously that means the weekend is here but more importantly it is the eve of the Cowboys game with the Seahawks. These two teams are fairly evenly matched with both teams wanting to feature the running game. The new wrinkle may be the emergence of TE Blake Jarwin. That would give the Cowboys a TE threat the 'Hawks don't have. Seattle has a good defense as do the Cowboys so that is a push in my eyes. The one difference could be the performance of the O-lines of both teams. Dallas will have LT Tyron Smith back and they will have RG Zack Martin back so the Cowboys O-line could be the difference. The Cowboys pass rush needs to show up and they will have to contain Russell Wilson. He is actually less effective if you keep him in the pocket so that will be the challenge, pressure up the middle with the outside pass rushers keeping Wilson contained.

The playoffs are one-and-done so the anxiety level for me is much greater. The fact that I don't really care for Seattle is an additional worry. I want to see Dallas put that gum chomping douche, Pete Carroll, on the next flight to the offseason. I would love it if the Cowboys defensive front seven can go through the Seahawks O-line like Sherman sweeping through the South. Total 'scorched earth' deal. I hope the offense does the same to the Seahawks defense. With the Cowboys and the Texans playing I rarely want to see anything but a double digit margin of victory for both teams. If they only win by one, I'll take it because it is, after all, a win. Dallas may be the healthiest team in the playoffs but that doesn't mean if they don't execute and if they commit stupid penalties and plays that keep them behind the chains they will get whupped. That is what scares me, Dallas beating themselves. We have seen it happen to often to Dallas not to be worried about it. It all starts with Dak. If he doesn't play well the Cowboys will struggle and if they get behind early and have to depend on Dak passing them to victory, well, we have seen that story play out before with poor result. I'm going to need a good, stiff drink or three before the game even starts. Sheesh.

I gotta get this in before the Texans game gets going. I'm excited for the Texans and following that game with the Cowboys I'm liable to need an IV or something before it's all said and done. I should have no problem sleeping tonight unless the Texans and Cowboys both lose then I won't be able to sleep. The big worry will be if I climb on the house and jump off if the worst happens.

Dallas vs Seattle needs no score prediction. Like the Texans in the early game, I going 100% homer and picking the Cowboys to win. I hate close games because I am too doggone old for heart palpitations, so I want a Cowboys blowout. There are many reasons for that but suffice it to say I hope to have the satisfaction of enjoying the game without the distraction of having to worry about the Seahawks beating the good guys.

I've said this before, but if Sean Lee gets to play today, and I'm sure he will, appreciate what you're seeing. Sean Lee is truly one of the players Jason Garrett refers to as, 'The right kind of guy'. Lee has been hurt too much to ever be considered a Hall of Famer but he is really a great player who makes fans proud of the way he plays on the field and carries himself off it. Given the emergence of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch plus the other guys the Cowboys have depth-wise Lee could be expendable unless he takes a big pay cut. We might be seeing the final games of his career in this postseason. It's kind of sad when you think about his career coming to an end and it's just another reminder of our own mortality. The older I get, the more I see my favorite players retiring. What the hell am I still working for?

Oh well, Please Go Cowboys!!!!

Dallas did it. They whooped the Seahawks even though they made it uncomfortable at the end. Losing Sebastian Janikowski when he injured his leg on a long field goal try (unsuccessful) was the worst thing ever in the long run as the 'Hawks punter was a poor substitute. Winning 24-22 was a good thing but I would have liked it better if the final score had been 24-14. The only real downside was the gruesome injury to WR Allen Hurns. While making a catch for a first down in the first quarter a Seahawks defend came down on Hurns ankle during the tackle forcing his lower leg/ankle to bend in a direction it's not supposed to bend. Hurns broke his fibula near the ankle and he had surgery on it Saturday night. The report is that the surgery went well and he will be ready to go for next season. WR Cole Beasley gutted out an ankle injury he suffered early in the game. The Cowboys are keeping an eye on Beasley's progress this week. It looks like Dallas will get LG Xavier Su'a-Filo back from his own ankle injury that caused him to miss the playoff game Saturday. He may be in a backup role as rookie Connor Williams made the start and he played pretty well.

Good grief, the stupid Bears kicker hit the upright and the crossbar on what would have been a game-winning field goal in their playoff game yesterday. That sucks big time in that the Eagles are moving on. The Bears kicker, Cody Parker, has hit the uprights on 5 separate occasions this past season including Sunday's loss. Go figure. With the Eagles win, Dallas will travel to Los Angeles and they will play the Rams in the Divsional Round on Saturday night. The Eagles, being the lowest remaining seed, will go to play the Saints in New Orleans on Sunday.

Since Dallas won Super Bowl XXX in1996 the divisional round of the playoff have not been kind to the Cowboys. In fact the playoffs have been pretty scarce. You have some modicum of hope when none other Troy Aikman says this past week that this Cowboys team reminds him of the ‘92 Cowboys. It was said that Dallas was a year away from winning a Super Bowl but they jumped up and shocked the world by winning SB XXII. The caveat here is Dak is definitely not Troy. But, Dak is showing the ability to be clutch. I make no prediction here except I am rooting for the Cowboys all the way. Go Cowboys!!!

The Cowboys lost to the Rams last night 30-22. You knew that already. The fact is, I'm not here to bury Caesar, I'm here to praise him, so to speak. The Cowboys ended up having a good season. When they were 3-5 there was nothing to indicate that the playoff were anywhere in the Cowboys future. A change of O-line coaches and the addition of a true #1 WR and the team's fortunes changed to the tune of a 8-1 record in the second half of the season including the wild card win over Seattle. There should be a lot to be thankful for but for fans who have waited 23 years for a championship just making the playoffs it's little consolation. As a fan of the Texans I, and a lot of other people have had that empty feeling twice. I won't lie, it sucks.

If you're expecting me to go off on a rant about how bad a QB Dak Prescott is, you will be disappointed. Dak is not the reason Dallas lost last night. He still showed some bad decisions and he still threw bad passes but he didn't hurt the team. In fact, he played pretty well all things considered. What beat Dallas last night was the failure of the Cowboys to win in the trenches. The Rams offensive line was a wall as far as the Cowboys front seven was concerned. The front four of the Cowboys couldn't pressure Jared Goff and when Dallas blitzed it still didn't matter. Goff was as safe as he would've been in his mother's arms. On the defensive side the Rams front stifled Ezekiel Elliott to the tube of just 47 yards rushing. They also pressured Prescott in relentless fashion.

Pre-game it was all about who would be better, Zeke or Todd Gurley. It turns out that the guy Dallas should have worried about was CJ Anderson. Anderson led all rushers with 123 yards and he gashed the Cowboys for a number of big runs that included 2 TD's. Gurley had over 100 yards eventually but it was Anderson who killed the Cowboys. The Cowboys defense gave up over 400 yards of offense to the Rams and they failed to really stop the Rams at all in the first half. LA scored on the first four possessions of the game and the Cowboys failed to answer the bell. They scored on their first possession to take the only lead they would have in the game at 7-3. It was all downhill from there. It was only the 2nd time all season the Cowboys have been dominated the way there were last night. The other game was against the Colts but Dallas made a better showing last night scoring 3 TD's but in a shootout game they ran out of ammo way too soon.

Dallas should know what they have to do to get better next year. The top thing is to get Travis Frederick back from his illness. Next, they need to put some muscle on Connor Williams. Williams was a good lineman in college but he was dominated all season because he just didn't have the strength to hold his ground. Dallas has to get better on the D-line. They were okay this year and against most opponents they were really good but against strong lines they were not so good at all. I don't hate the Rams and they played fair and square so I'm okay with their win. They weren't 13-3 by accident.

Nice season Dallas, hopefully you will be even better next year.

• 5 months later...

?Cons ?The bad thing about using templates though is that they can get boring or common.Over a long period of time fishermen from China's various coastal regions go fishing and carry out other exploration activities in the South China Sea in an organized manner. Considering a handful of may very well be correct, nevertheless getting rid of off of excessive weight too fast just isnt approving to good wellness.The collection, Wholesale NFL Jerseys, which is available in all eleven official languages of South Africa, is made accessible by publishing partners Via Afrika, Oxford University Press, Shuter & Shooter and FunDza, and is complemented with content from the Department of Basic Education and the Nelson Mandela Foundation. You can find out the popularity of any site by going to alexa. Department of Commerce. Anything it is that youre promoting, make sure your blog page is based on in what way or manner your reader can limit trouble or attain comfort. There are shortterm emergencyshelters that can be deployed in a make a difference of minutes on any variety of terrain.In the trillion dollar clean energy field,Cheap Jerseys, the America's most populous state hopes to bolster climate partnerships with China, making joint efforts to push green and lowcarbon development.As far as the optics of this portable microscope is concerned it comes with high quality. Flipstyle dispensers get efficiently partnered a good amount of dimensions using portability. It is a handheld telescope which has been manufactured by the experts of Jomira.Cheap Jerseys From China.

Visit my sitehttp://www.wholesalesportsnfljerseys.us.com/