***Northwestern State vs Lamar Game Thread***

KABrother88

LU already down 14-0 in the first quarter. A Colbert fumble led to NW State's second score.

Terrible, just plain terrible. NW is playing very dirty and the refs are letting it happen. Also, this QB situation is atrocious. Also ESPN+ is ok but they don’t have the time of the Qtr or play clock showing at all. This is going to be a long season.

Terrible, just plain terrible. NW is playing very dirty and the refs are letting it happen. Also, this QB situation is atrocious. Also ESPN+ is ok but they don’t have the time of the Qtr or play clock showing at all. This is going to be a long season.

Well, it’s actually worse than my last post. He has to go. That is not a QB by any stretch of the word.......

From what I have seen on TV and heard from others, I am sad to say that, in my opinion, the judgement of the coaching staff is questionable for sticking with Colbert for this long over 2 seasons.

Look, I think Colbert is crap as a qb. But it’s 98% the coaches. This is garbage. I knew it half way through last season. Schulz sucks. I’m sorry, maybe he’s a great assistant but he’s a terrible head coach. If ANYONE wants to tell me we are “outmanned” by Northwestern State I will call a major BULLSHIT! Our talent is no different. Well, their qb can throw but still. You could put whoever you want in this scheme and they’d probably suck. We are so f-ING passive it’s sickening. I’d put Banks in the slot and throw damn near every play to him. And why the hell do we put a big slow tight end in the slot?? Frigging stupid!!! The offense SHOULD FORCE A LINEBACKER TO MATCH UP WITH A TIGHT END!!! DB’s can cover tight ends in their sleep!!!! This crap is aggravating!!!!

Look, I think Colbert is crap as a qb. But it’s 98% the coaches. This is garbage. I knew it half way through last season. Schulz sucks. I’m sorry, maybe he’s a great assistant but he’s a terrible head coach. If ANYONE wants to tell me we are “outmanned” by Northwestern State I will call a major BULLSHIT! Our talent is no different. Well, their qb can throw but still. You could put whoever you want in this scheme and they’d probably suck. We are so f-ING passive it’s sickening. I’d put Banks in the slot and throw damn near every play to him. And why the hell do we put a big slow tight end in the slot?? Frigging stupid!!! The offense SHOULD FORCE A LINEBACKER TO MATCH UP WITH A TIGHT END!!! DB’s can cover tight ends in their sleep!!!! This crap is aggravating!!!!

And, don’t rag on me, I know Banks is also in the slot and they finally used him a little, but he’s clearly a playmaker who is very difficult to cover man to man.

We could have tom brady, he'd be sitting on the bench with this offensive scheme.

This clown is killing the program. What was attendance before weather delay. We're bad, we're boring...enthusiasm is gone

Holy crap, i must be hallucinating!! We threw back to back complete passes? One actually over the middle to a tight end AND a deep ball that was actually complete for a td??!!! Schulz must be irate!!! How dare we pass twice in a row!!!

Halftime adjustments include reading our comments here and taking your advice!