***Northwestern State vs Lamar Game Thread***

KABrother88

Well, I have to say that we did come back and show some resilience. I spoke with the AD and the president of the university before the game to voice my concerns regarding the coaching staff. I must now eat some crow because our Offense did come Alive. Maybe if we continue to show life things will work out. When we were down 28-0, I heard Colbert ( QB) screaming to the offense “ Don’t Fucking Panic”. Well he brought us back into the game. We didn’t win, but he made it a game. I have been critical of our coaches, but the team (offensively) played good tonight. We didn’t win, but at least we were competitive. We have to throw the ball to compete in this league in my opinion. I thought our run defense tonite was outstanding. For the first quarter and a half we sucked, but the last two and a half quarters, we played hard. All I want is for us to win. Damn, a blocked extra point!!!

Well, I have to say that we did come back and show some resilience. I spoke with the AD and the president of the university before the game to voice my concerns regarding the coaching staff. I must now eat some crow because our Offense did come Alive. Maybe if we continue to show life things will work out. When we were down 28-0, I heard Colbert ( QB) screaming to the offense “ Don’t Fucking Panic”. Well he brought us back into the game. We didn’t win, but he made it a game. I have been critical of our coaches, but the team (offensively) played good tonight. We didn’t win, but at least we were competitive. We have to throw the ball to compete in this league in my opinion. I thought our run defense tonite was outstanding. For the first quarter and a half we sucked, but the last two and a half quarters, we played hard. All I want is for us to win. Damn, a blocked extra point!!!

These will be my last comments until either Colbert is benched, Schulz is fired, or we finish top three in conference. Obviously the second half was much better than the first half. Defense wasn’t very good but I have a tough time blaming them while Schulz and Colbert are running things. There is a reason why we were down 28-0 at home to a team with probably less talent than us. Colbert is a me player who will likely never complete 60% plus of his passes. He can’t read defenses, he ignores wide open receivers, he immediately panics in the pocket, and watch..if we are inside the 10 he is keeping the ball at least 80% of the time so he can be the one to score. I think he is not about the team at all. Schulz and/or the offensive scheme is idiotic. He is determined to run first come hell or high water. The second half we became a little more aggressive and it paid off. However, NWSU became overly conservative and it helped us get back into the game. 90% of the time we ignore the middle of the field in the passing game. I think we threw to the tight end once, and it was in the third quarter for about a 30 yd gain. This run first all costs bs offense makes me want to puke. If we don’t change things significantly we are going to only win one more game and it will be vs HBU. Oh, and the concession stands are crap.

That is all. Good night. I’m done posting but will be at every home game.

I can accept a loss when it's showing progress. All I wanted was for Lamar to show me something and they did. They didn't fold when down 28-0. There has to be something going in the right direction, when your team responds like they did tonight. They didn't win but maybe they did.

The team didn't cave at 28-0 when they could have. The kids have fight. I attribute that to them not the coaches. Colbert played decent...best game since he's been here. He stills holds the ball too long at times and looks to run too often but it was an improvement. They need to trash the lateral portion of their play calling. The vertical works much better. The middle of the field is ALWAYS open. Use it. The tight ends are ALWAYS open. Use them. One pass and it went 30 yards but they never went back to it. Both sides of the ball seems to have good stamina. We were really pushing them around decent in the second half. Someone please tell the DB coach to get them TURN THEIR HEADS!!! You can get away with so much more contact when you just look like you're playing the ball. Randle is the only DB to turn his head ever. The roughing the passer penalty was total garbage. Unbelievable. The targeting penalty was iffy too. He looked like he was going for the ball. That play ended up being a 3 point swing in their favor. I hate "moral" victories but I suppose this was one. The team plays hard. It looks like the Texas Tech freshman QB is decent after all. They dropped 63 on an Ed Oliver led Cougar defense this weekend. The game this week is gonna be a tough one. They're legit. I'll be there as always cheering for the Cards. PeckEm!

I can accept a loss when it's showing progress. All I wanted was for Lamar to show me something and they did. They didn't fold when down 28-0. There has to be something going in the right direction, when your team responds like they did tonight. They didn't win but maybe they did.

They didn't quit but I have to admit that I did. When it reached 28-0 in the second (they had surrender 112 unanswered points since the 4th quarter of Kentucky Christian) I started thinking about leaving at half time. When the 'Weather delay" was announced I bolted for the parking lot and didn't return when they quickly rescinded it. I'll do better next week--I promise.