Shit can schultz

LUFAN

We may be bigger stronger and faster. But we are undisciplined and boring. Our offense is so easy to read and we have so many 3 and outs our defense is on the field all the time. We should be 3-1 not 1-3. Coaching is shit. Props to the athletic department for putting on a better experience at the games. Please fix the damn speakers on the Jumbotron. Rant over

We may be bigger stronger and faster. But we are undisciplined and boring. Our offense is so easy to read and we have so many 3 and outs our defense is on the field all the time. We should be 3-1 not 1-3. Coaching is shit. Props to the athletic department for putting on a better experience at the games. Please fix the damn speakers on the Jumbotron. Rant over

booooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was looking at Mike Schultz's bio on wikipedia and was wondering why LU picked him. Seems like he's living off the hype of being OC at TCU in the early 2000s, but seeing how well TCU has done long after he's gone, you have to think most of the credit should go to Gary Patterson.

After TCU Schultz went to to Illinois and: After his departure from TCU, Schultz took the offensive coordinator position at Illinois for the 2009 season. Despite high preseason expectations, the Illini failed to produce much success with their option/spread offensive scheme, and they finished the season 3-9, the fourth losing season during then-head coach Ron Zook's tenure.

Next up Middle Tennessee: running a spread offense which had moderately more success than his previous team. The Blue Raiders finished the season 6-7 overall, but 5-3 in Sun Belt Conference play

Then off to Texas State, and we all know what a powerhouse Texas State is in football. Did LU stop looking at his resume once they saw TCU and think "He's our guy!" They've never had the skills or savvy to pick the up and coming coaches.

Agree, doubt that Schultz will be gone before sometime during the 2019 season because of the money. LU doesn't have a Tic Price sitting on the sidelines. Still not convinced Price will ever make basketball more than slightly respectable, but at least the AD has a chance to prove the old ways of picking a coach are gone.

Let Dodd run his offense. Atleast when he was at Ark st they had a prolific offense. Sounds like we are running Schlitz's system that has failed rather than the one Dodd ran at ARK st. DAMN BILL OBRIEN 2.0
Whoever is calling the plays, Schultz or Dodd, is an idiot. You have a good drive running the ball down their throat with our bigger back and bigger tight end in, even double tight end when we get around the 10 yd line and score. Their defense looked gassed and our line was pushing them around then it's "yeah, that wasn't fun enough, let's not do that again". WTF. These offensive coaches are too smart for their own good. Too worried about "doing it their way to prove they're smart". WIN THE DAMN GAME! That's two wins left on the table because of poor play calling. They did a great job of getting these kids stronger and faster with much more stamina. Their play calling and game management is a joke and frankly disrespectful to these kids. The kids play hard to the final whistle and deserve better. What is the coach in the press box looking at??? Or does he even have the ear of the coaches on the field??? Bill O'Brien is unfortunately a very fair comparison. So smart in his own mind that he's a complete idiot. I didn't agree with Born's handling of the softball situation but I now believe donor's money forced that situation and he did what he had to do. I hope his next hire will be a good up and coming head football coach. The guy is a schmoozer, hand shaker, back patter, and a go getter. He's growing on me. I don't think he'll be satisfied with the product and if a donor softens the blow of Schultz salary, things may happen. Edited by spoonbill

Whoever is calling the plays, Schultz or Dodd, is an idiot. You have a good drive running the ball down their throat with our bigger back and bigger tight end in, even double tight end when we get around the 10 yd line and score. Their defense looked gassed and our line was pushing them around then it's "yeah, that wasn't fun enough, let's not do that again". WTF. These offensive coaches are too smart for their own good. Too worried about "doing it their way to prove they're smart". WIN THE DAMN GAME! That's two wins left on the table because of poor play calling. They did a great job of getting these kids stronger and faster with much more stamina. Their play calling and game management is a joke and frankly disrespectful to these kids. The kids play hard to the final whistle and deserve better. What is the coach in the press box looking at??? Or does he even have the ear of the coaches on the field??? Bill O'Brien is unfortunately a very fair comparison. So smart in his own mind that he's a complete idiot. I didn't agree with Born's handling of the softball situation but I now believe donor's money forced that situation and he did what he had to do. I hope his next hire will be a good up and coming head football coach. The guy is a schmoozer, hand shaker, back patter, and a go getter. He's growing on me. I don't think he'll be satisfied with the product and if a donor softens the blow of Schultz salary, things may happen.

We ran the ball 43 times and you want us to run more? Just shoot me!

Put in Morse and chuck the damn ball

EXACTLY! Colbert only looks at one receiver then he takes off running. Had 82 wide open, way under throws him. Had 88 (i think) on a scramble in the rain wide open, at least 5 yards behind the defense, over throws him. 2 interceptions, a forward lateral, and a fumble? And how many bad throws or mis-reads? When you only throw the ball 25 times like we do in this boring offense you can't make mistakes. The defense forced 5 damn turnovers and we still only manage 24 points (actually 17 because the defense scored). So, 4 turnovers led to 7 points by our mighty offense? And we gave up 488 yards so the defense wasn't exactly great either.

We ran the ball 43 times and you want us to run more? Just shoot me!

That's a deceiving stat since half of those runs were Colbert. AJ Walker was very productive running between the tackles. Crap a few of Colbert's passes were dumba$$ forward laterals. His signature move it seems. I'm for taking advantage of what the defense offers and keep doing it until they stop it. We just stop ourselves most of the time. Run the ball between the tackles and put in a passer that can pass and we have 3 wins in my opinion. The play calling is atrocious. The only success we ever have is despite it.

Boring, check. Offense easy to read, check. Defense on the field all the time, check. Defense on the field too long, check. Should be 3-1, nope "we are who I thought we were"....you could tell about the coaching last year. Coaching is shit, check. Better game experience, check (aside from the actual game). Fix the damn speakers, major check! They sound like hell when they crank them up. Damn!!

Boring, check. Offense easy to read, check. Defense on the field all the time, check. Defense on the field too long, check. Should be 3-1, nope "we are who I thought we were"....you could tell about the coaching last year. Coaching is shit, check. Better game experience, check (aside from the actual game). Fix the damn speakers, major check! They sound like hell when they crank them up. Damn!!

being that I'm an equal opportunity basher...have our twirlers ever twirled before? turrible, just turrible…

also, get some better food....