***Incarnate Word vs Lamar Game Thread***

geezer

Game time is 3:00 PM at Provost Umphrey Stadium. Guess I'll only listen to this game as it is supposed to be on ESPN+ and I am not particularly interested in supporting ESPN. Personally I wish Lamar was still doing it all in house. I'm sure they are getting a lot more money from ESPN compared to when Lamar was giving it away, but I would have rather paid Lamar directly for the games than to get it from ESPN. I would be glad to give Lamar a $100 a year for access compared to ESPN. As for the game we have one guarantee the Cardinals will win the game. Only problem is I expect it to be UIW. UIW 49 Lamar 17

You know, the funny thing is since we brought football back, I have had season tickets. I have always been excited throughout my work week waiting for Saturday’s game. This year, I am only excited to go to the cardinal club so that I can voice my opinion with the AD, who comes to these functions every Saturday. I want us to be good and that’s it! At least The AD has the guts to show up and listen to my complaints. The cardinal club president, has yet to show up to a cardinal club pregame football reception. That in itself is pretty sad! She is useless!

Glad to know the AD shows up and talks to the supporters. Hopefully your not the only person he is hearing grumblings about the teams performance from. When I say team I am including those most responsible for the make up and direction of the team.

You know, the funny thing is since we brought football back, I have had season tickets. I have always been excited throughout my work week waiting for Saturday’s game. This year, I am only excited to go to the cardinal club so that I can voice my opinion with the AD, who comes to these functions every Saturday. I want us to be good and that’s it! At least The AD has the guts to show up and listen to my complaints. The cardinal club president, has yet to show up to a cardinal club pregame football reception. That in itself is pretty sad! She is useless!

this year...and last year...just plain suck. With Ray ray, we at least had something to hope for...big game catch by jj, under dog prewitt, berry chunking the ball, begelton, harrington...Schultz brings nothing. Nada. :flush:

Actual attendance sucks, nobody gives a shit. Im about to the point of hoping we get bombed and Schultz quits before the program is dead.

UIW 52

LU 21

Finally a big play for Lamar. Colbert passes to Ruffin on a short crossing route that Ruffin reverses his direction to get around one defender and ultimately goes 89 yards for a LU touchdown to tie the game at 7-7 with 13:44 left in the 2nd quarter.

Game tied at the half. Lamar has three interceptions of UIW's quarterback to keep them in the game and the one big offensive play. On the flip side Lamar still making big mistakes on offense that has prevented LU from taking control of the game. Colbert just is not the answer. Good to see Wanza come back from his injury and have some key runs.

Lamar wins 27-21 with a blocked field goal attempt by UIW with twelve seconds left in the game. It is a good win for Lamar but may say more about who UIW has played in conference versus who Lamar has played except that UIW did beat SELA who Lamar lost to. In looking at Lamar's efforts, I think the return of Wanza was a big plus. Also Lamar did make a few deep pass plays. Offense will continue to be inconsistent with Colberts' decision making and less than adequate passing accuracy. Defense still gives up too many big plays, especially in critical situations where a stop is really needed. Edited by geezer

Who gives a crap about past games. Lamar played their asses off and they earned the win. Was it perfect? No, it wasn’t but I saw a team that played with heart and determination. Today’s effort deserves applause and shouldn’t be hammered by nitpicking. Nice win Cards. Hopefully this a sign of things to come.

I’ll take my crow right now...wow what a great ending. That was definitely bend don’t break defense especially in the first half. They would drive down the field and throw an interception. Our run defense again looked tough. We didn’t play all that great and still won the game. A win is a win. Ruffin looked like a stud. Why isn’t this guy getting the ball more? He is a playmaker and a half.

I went the ESPN+ 7 day free trial route. It worked , except for the delayed opening transmission, but I was flipping back and forth, between Texas/Baylor, Lamar, and the Notre Dame/Harvard women's Rugby game. There were some scary individuals playing, in that game, and I am not talking about the football games. Around about the 3rd quarter, my wife yells at me, from the other room, hey, the Lamar game is on Spectrum, channel 15, What????? Where was this advertised or did I just miss it?

Lamar/ UIW was not a pretty game but Damn, those Lamar kids don't quit. You guys can have Ray Ray, I'll stay with Schultz.

Somebody says they will stay with Schultz...well IMO we won because we had more talent. I don’t think it was coaching. We gave up over 600 yards of total offnse to UIW. Our guys made plays yesterday and stopped them deep in our territory. I agree our guys didn’t quit. My opinion is with a better play caller we could be in the upper part of the conference. We have the players!!! We never use our tight end as a pass receiver and he is always open. If you take away our two yard pass that went for 89 yards, we really didn’t have that much total offense and gave up over 600 yards. On paper it should have been a loss, but WE WON. Just my opinion and it ain’t worth much. Last time I saw that ref, he was walking on the sideline with an ice pack on his neck.

I went the ESPN+ 7 day free trial route. It worked , except for the delayed opening transmission, but I was flipping back and forth, between Texas/Baylor, Lamar, and the Notre Dame/Harvard women's Rugby game. There were some scary individuals playing, in that game, and I am not talking about the football games. Around about the 3rd quarter, my wife yells at me, from the other room, hey, the Lamar game is on Spectrum, channel 15, What????? Where was this advertised or did I just miss it?

Lamar/ UIW was not a pretty game but Damn, those Lamar kids don't quit. You guys can have Ray Ray, I'll stay with Schultz.

All I know is the play-by-play guy sucked and color man was worse. Would it kill ESPN the Ocho to have the down and distance and the play clock on the screen? All the display had was the score. The whole telecast was second rate. I wasn't able to go to the game because I'm sick so I appreciate that the game was televised. The announcers rarely gave a situational update and the commentary was just awful. I had to turn down the sound and listen to KLVI and Errol Mann and the other guy with him wasn't much better. LU won and gritty game and maybe there is some hope for a 4 or 5 win season. I hope so.

BTW, part of the fight and the grittiness comes from coaching so give Coach Schulz and his staff some credit, okay?

We gave up over 600 yards of total offnse to UIW.

Copeland vs SFA 15/33 180 YDS 2 TD 2 INT

Copeland vs ACU 15/36 258 YDS 3 TD 1 INT

Copeland vs SEL 23/37 411 YDS 3 TD 0INT

Copeland vs Lamar 39-56, 515 YDS, 2 TD, 4 INT

Remember this thread?

Lamar, we 've got a problem coming 10-13-2018

Started by Dracula, 09-02-2018 03:45 AM

...Eric Morris, a successful passing OC from Texas Tech, who then recruits a QB, Jon Copeland, from Argyle, Texas. Copeland had just lead Argyle to a 12-1 season, with a stat line of 64% completions, 24 TD's and just 4 INT's. Now you have a young , ambitious, successful passing coach coupled with a freshman QB, whose arm is way way way better than anybody on the Lamar Team and, presto, Incarnate Word is a passing freakin nightmare. ...

or this one,

Kentucky Christian vs Lamar Game Thread

...I'm telling you guys, you had better watch out for UIW. That freshman QB, Jon Copeland, will probably be the best QB Lamar sees all year. Copeland"s numbers, from the New Mexico game, were not spectacular but the kid's got a freakin cannon sniper rifle for an arm. He's a passer in a passing offense. I wish that we had him....

UIW came into the Lamar game with a 3-0 conference record, good for 2nd place. Copeland, a freshman, is the passing leader of the conference, individual total offence leader, and UIW is far and away the best offensive team in the conference. Give the Lamar D and the team some credit. They may have given up a lot of yardage but they beat the best QB in the conference. He is now McNeese's and Sam's problem.

Copeland is a good QB. He shredded us for 500 passing yards, but is interception prone. I’m sure that will get better with experience. He also has a head coach who understands a passing offense and scheme. My game observation, this kid also threw some of the worst ducks I’ve seen from a college QB. I’m not trying to disrespect the kid, because he put up some good numbers, but there were 4 or 5 that really fluttered.