Thread: Rockets/NBA 2018-19 Season

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Rockets/NBA 2018-19 Season

The Rockets played the Lakers in the home opener for the new LeBron led Lakers. I didn’t see much of the game but, judging from the final 124-115 score, it was a pretty good game. Things got ugly late in the 4th qtr when Brandon Ingram fouled James Hardin on his way to the basket. Ingram was called for the foul and I don’t know if words were exchanged all I know is as soon as Hardin turned his back on Ingram, Ingram shoved Hardin earning himself a technical foul in the process. Then, according to all accounts Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul exchanged heated words and it escalated when Rondo spit in Paul’s face. Paul shoved Rondo and Rondo threw a punch and it got ugly fast. LeBron stepped in and got Chris Paul calmed down, but the exchange got Ingram, Rondo and Paul ejected and yesterday the NBA handed down suspensions for all three. Chris Paul got 2 games, Rondo got 3 and Ingram, who started it all, got 4 games. Ingram acted like a punk and there is video that shows that Rondo did actually spit on Chris Paul. If I am NBA commissioner I would give Ingram and Rondo the month of November to think about how much they want to play in the NBA as they sit at home without pay. There is no room for that crap in sports. Where did all this animosity come from? This is a rebuilt Lakers team so where is all this angst coming from toward the Rockets? It was the like the third game of the season, nobody has had time to grow angst. I have never been a big fan of the Lakers and now with these punks in the lineup, despite LeBron, I will be happy to root against them from here on out.

Post Thanks / Like
    vCash

Re: Rockets/NBA 2018-19 Season

I have not written about the Rockets or the NBA in a while because, frankly, I don't care much about the NBA regular season. This has been especially so since the Rox have not been nearly as good as they were last year. Trevor Ariza was a big loss to free agency in the offseason and injuries to Clint Capela, Chris Paul and others have hampered the Rockets all season. If not for James Hardin the Rockets would be bottom feeders. In January Hardin was the first person since Wilt Chamberlin in the 60's to average 40+ ppg in a month. Hardin has joined such legends as Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan in the record books because of his insane scoring run in this season. Hardin has also passed Russell Westbrook in triple doubles in a month. Houston is the sixth best team in the Western Conference behind Golden State, Denver, OKC, Portland and San Antonio. If Houston doesn't get more production out of the players not named James Hardin it could be rough making it to the post season.