***Lamar vs Northern Iowa Game Thread***

KABrother88

Phuuuuuuquuuuue

Yep. We beat ourselves today. There's no reason we should have lost.

I'll start trying to remember all of the good things that came out of this season for our program and the university as soon as I am able to pull my panties out of my ass. Now excuse me while I go pout in the corner.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

Too many mistakes/ turnovers. We had our chances, but could not capitalize. Loved the trick plays and thought the defense played their best game. I think every player on UNI has plenty of respect for the Cards and realize that they could have easily lost this game. We pretty much played a penalty free game.

Can’t wait to next year, proud to be a Cardinal.

I'll start trying to remember all of the good things that came out of this season for our program and the university as soon as I am able to pull my panties out of my ass. Now excuse me while I go pout in the corner.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

Well, we beat the piss outta sam.

I'll congrat Coach Schultz and the team for making it to the playoffs and almost pulling off the win. No one was expecting LU to be in the playoffs, or even having a winning season. Schultz pulled it off in just his second year while Woodard never came close. Now I'm looking forward to signing day and next year. This is a pretty young team so they should be better next year, especially with Hoy at QB.

Now Coach Price needs to pull a Schultz and get his team turned around.

First, congratulations to the Lamar football team, for such an inspiring season. They didn't quit, they made the FCS playoffs, and it looks like the seniors have left a legacy that the program can build on. To me, it looks like the program is headed in the right direction and I can't wait to see how this next recruiting class shakes out.

As far as Schultz staying with Colbert, I really don't have a problem with that. Colbert and the whole team played hard and that is all you can ask. I would bet that there are a lot of Northern Iowa fans glad to see Lamar hit the road heading out of town. Got to go.

First, congratulations to the Lamar football team, for such an inspiring season. They didn't quit, they made the FCS playoffs, and it looks like the seniors have left a legacy that the program can build on. To me, it looks like the program is headed in the right direction and I can't wait to see how this next recruiting class shakes out.

As far as Schultz staying with Colbert, I really don't have a problem with that. Colbert and the whole team played hard and that is all you can ask. I would bet that there are a lot of Northern Iowa fans glad to see Lamar hit the road heading out of town. Got to go.

Great season, heartbreaking loss. The best team did NOT win this game. Stupid pass by Colbert at the end of the half. Botched extra point, two missed field goals and two brutal fumbles. Defense played great.

Colbert is a very good running back. Not a very good passer, average at best. Will be interesting to see what Hoy can do and what kind of recruiting class we will get.

Ok... Does anyone know the real reason why Hoy isn't playing? As big of a difference that Hoy makes to our offense while he's on the field, I just have a hard time believing it's the 'Colbert was the starter before he got hurt...'.

If that truly is the reason why, ok... but IMO, if Colbert had not gotten hurt, there's no way we run the table like we did during the regular season. Not saying Colbert is a bad player... he just doesn't have what Hoy brings to our offense.

No clue why. Second half showed his big weakness. Semi keep him in the pocket and he’s done, he is incapable of pocket passing

Ok... Does anyone know the real reason why Hoy isn't playing? As big of a difference that Hoy makes to our offense while he's on the field, I just have a hard time believing it's the 'Colbert was the starter before he got hurt...'.

If that truly is the reason why, ok... but IMO, if Colbert had not gotten hurt, there's no way we run the table like we did during the regular season. Not saying Colbert is a bad player... he just doesn't have what Hoy brings to our offense.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

Lol, I’m with you!! This was a game we “should have” won. Brutal.

I am with you guys, this one they let slip away. Hopefully the coaching staff and team will take away a few things that will help them next year win the conference and make a deep run in the playoffs. In spite of playing the wrong QB, if he will always put the best players on the field in the future, Schultz can have some really nice success here at LU.

Heck of a Season Cardinals!!! Hats off to Schultz, he did it his way. I was one that would have fired him. Shows you why I’m not the Coach. I’m not a should’ve kind of guy because things must play out. Any kind of score while the game was tied may have settled us down on offense. Defensively we were Solid. Great Game collectively, Win & Lose as a Team. It’s been a Great 4 years for my Family with Lamar. I truly believe Football is Alive & Well in Beaumont. Thanks for the Memories

Go Big Red

I am proud of this team and coaches. We lost, but I think we earned some national respect. UNI knows they escaped with a win at home. We had some mistakes, but that happens. Moving forward, I think our program is headed in the right direction. I’m proud to be a LU Card!

I am proud of this team and coaches. We lost, but I think we earned some national respect. UNI knows they escaped with a win at home. We had some mistakes, but that happens. Moving forward, I think our program is headed in the right direction. I’m proud to be a LU Card!

Big shoes to fill with losses of very key players, Brooks, Randle, Jernigan, and Taylor. Bowery on o line. Not worried about qb with Hoy.

Liked our defensive scheme with the blitzing but sure wish we wouldn’t have to rely on safeties to lead the team in tackling. Hate our offensive scheme. Hopefully with Hoy we will throw more.

I too would have canned Schulz, hopefully he continues to prove me wrong next year. Poor Dorian Gaston, looks like he had damn good talent that went to waste, and Zae Giles. Was glad to see that we finally decided it was ok to throw to the tight end. If we are going to continue to run 65% plus of our plays I’d sure like wanzaa to get the majority of those touches.

REALLY wish we would have won this one. We outplayed them and if you are unfortunate enough to read their forum posts those Missouri Valley fans are prix. They truly think they are elite. Makes me want to go postal.

(Also can’t help but wonder how much Stanley Norman, highly touted corner, would have helped since we are so blitz crazy. Rodney on one side and him on the other??? Oh well, coulda shoulda woulda.)

All in all...what a friggin turnaround. Says a lot about the kids, imho, that they kept competing after last year and starting 1-4 this year. Pretty damn cool season. Hopefully this is just the beginning of something awesome.

One more thing, I’m pissed at myself for not betting my house on this damn game. We were 23 -27 point dogs! When I saw that I thought “wth, we are NOT the 1-4 team that started the year!!!” Talk about total disrespect!!! That crap really chapped my A$$. After the UIW game, where we still weren’t all that good but pulled out a win, we turned into a totally different team. Hmm, makes me wonder what our stats were post UIW? It seemed that particularly our defense played much better. Anyway, friggin hate that this season has come to an end.

I thought I saw that the attendance at the UNI Dome for the Lamar game was less than 5000. Surprised so few from a very successful program, even with students gone for Thanksgiving weekend. I bet Lamar would get at least 10,000 for a playoff game on a Saturday afternoon.