***Lamar vs Northern Iowa Game Thread***

KABrother88

Does anyone else cringe as much as I do when he reads the press release on the Lamar athletics website for games? It’s so riddled with mistakes that I can’t read it without wanting to punch myself in the face.

during baseball, Headlines would say crap like “LU gets 7 hits”, or “Lu has strong 1st inning” in games they got trashed. They did the same thing for volleyball. Media dude is a spin doctor.

What's going on with the cards. I am in a blackout area and BRI is my only way of keeping up with the game.

Lamar started hot then UNI started gashing with their running attack. Defense has stood tall on third downs for the most part. UNI was able to convert a 4th and 1 then later scored to tie it at 13. My worry with this game is will the defense be able to keep it up in the 4th quarter? The UNI OL is having their way up front and Lamar DT Reggie Boseman is now crutches.

Ok... Does anyone know the real reason why Hoy isn't playing? As big of a difference that Hoy makes to our offense while he's on the field, I just have a hard time believing it's the 'Colbert was the starter before he got hurt...'.

If that truly is the reason why, ok... but IMO, if Colbert had not gotten hurt, there's no way we run the table like we did during the regular season. Not saying Colbert is a bad player... he just doesn't have what Hoy brings to our offense.

I don't have any inside information, but for whatever reason Schultz made up his mind before the first game of the season that Colbert was his man and if he is nothing else, Schultz is loyal to his man. Only hope may be that Colbert twist his ankle again.