After last night’s defensive struggle between the Packers and the Bears (read ‘snoozer’) you have to wonder what is going to happen when the real games start for everyone else on Sunday. Mainly I’m wondering how it all plays out beginning at 3:25 pm when the Cowboys and Giants go at it. On the Giants side, there is the push to get rookie QB Daniel Jones to take over for Eli Manning based on gaudy numbers he put up in preseason. We all know that the most popular player on any roster is the back up QB especially is the #1 is struggling or getting older. With fans and media trying push Eli out the door it might be motivation for him to prove everyone wrong. The defense lost a bunch of stars like Snacks Harrison, Olivier Vernon and Landon Collins but is their defense remodel as successful as the Packers?

From a talent perspective, it looks like the Cowboys have a boatload more talent than the Giants and the recent contract signings of Demarcus Lawrence, La’el Collins, Jaylon Smith and, of course, Zeke, the Cowboys have the core of their team signed for several years to come. But this is a division game and talent levels and perceived gaps are just illusions because these games have lives of their own. That is what scares me about this game. The Cowboys ought to kick the Giants’ behinds back to New Jersey but, if history tells us anything, the Giants could very easily win. I don’t care about what ought to happen, I just Dallas to be one point better than the Giants. I want a W at the end of the game and I don’t give a hoot about style points or blown opportunities or blah, blah, blah. I just want a win.