New football field turf

Chad Cooper

Looks as if Lamar will get new field turf, more than likely after this season per Schultz.

My initial thought was "already", but then realized it was put down in 2009 and most plastic fields in outdoor stadiums last about 12 years. Most come with a 10 year usable life guarantee. I wonder who is paying for it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the current turf used in a new indoor practice facility.

My initial thought was "already", but then realized it was put down in 2009 and most plastic fields in outdoor stadiums last about 12 years. Most come with a 10 year usable life guarantee. I wonder who is paying for it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the current turf used in a new indoor practice facility.

I think they negotiated the re-turfing of Provost Umphrey as part of the Beck's turf renovation deal with Hellas... since they did the original turfing of Provost Umphrey.

I know Shultz would love to see an indoor practice facility but, with some of the other athletic improvement projects on their radar, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon.