Lamar Basketball Senior Day versus McNeese Double Header

geezer

Thought it was interesting on the broadcast of the SEC Women’s Tournament on the SEC Network, they showed the quality wins for Mississippi State for the season at it included Lamar. Then during the A&M game, Lamar got mentioned that they beat the Aggies with a very tough defense and Auburn was trying to use that same strategy. Nice to see the respect for our girls program.

Lady Cards close out the season with a 81-68 win over McNeese to get the SLC regular season championship. Kinard scores 34 to lead all scorers. Barrs has 7 steals and 13 assists in her final regular season game.

Great crowd for the Women’s game. Did not hear the attendance, but my guess is between 2500-3000. Less at the men’s game.

Lamar closes out the half with a twenty point lead at 39-19. Good first half, hopefully the Cards come out in the second half with a similar intensity and put McNeese away early. Edited by geezer

Looking at the standings SFA didn't make the tourney. I wonder when the last time that happened was. From what I've read LU should play HBU.

I interpret the tie breaker to have Lamar playing HBU at 5pm Wednesday. If I would pick a team to play in the first round it would be HBU.