Mens SLC Basketball Tourney

geezer

Halftime with LU up 33-32. If Lamar can fix the turnovers and maintain the rest of the parts of the game they should be able to extend the lead and get a win. Cards have 8 first half turnovers to 3 for HBU but have out rebounded HBU by double digits 27-13. Team fouls are even but LUmay have a slight advantage as none of the major minute players have two fouls.

Didn’t play well but still won. HBU and refs pretty much dictated the pace of the game. HBU’s dismal free throw shooting cost them the game. Really good Lamar contingent showed up to support the Cards.

As a class act, Marco Born went thru the Lamar crowd and personally thanked the folks for coming over.

Cards have the hole dug, and need to turn things around now. Down by twelve at the under four minute timeout. Turnovers, lack of a solid half court offense and a step slow on defense so far. Edited by geezer

Lamaris up by four points at the under four minute timeout and will be shooting a free throw coming out of the timeout. Don't know what will happen the rest of this game or season but things look better for next year based on the play of Buster and of Foster and Sullivan the last few games.

UNO size was a problem for Lamar. Their guards either posted up our shorter guards inside or shot over them on the outside. Don’t know why we dibn’t play Barrett more in the second half. Again Lamar had issues dictating the tempo, UNO definitely did not want to run with us.

What's up with ACU? They tossed the women out of the tourney. Both the men and women are going to the NCAA tourney. And their football team almost won the conference championship. But with the ACU men winning the SLC tourney they snagged a 15 seed and not a 16 seed or play-in game.

I believe when they made the decision to move from D-2 to D-1 their fan base and major supporters were board with plans to grow. Looks like they made better coaching moves than LU. I believe they built a new basketball arena. Doubt it's as big as the Montange but new is always nice for recruiting.

I believe when they made the decision to move from D-2 to D-1 their fan base and major supporters were board with plans to grow. Looks like they made better coaching moves than LU. I believe they built a new basketball arena. Doubt it's as big as the Montange but new is always nice for recruiting.

The coaching change for ACU is impressive. When they were in D2 they had a really bad men’s basketball program averaging about 6 wins a season. Then they hired a new coach and the talent level really improved. They have good facilities, but not that much of an advantage over most of the SLC schools (with the exception of HBU & IWU). And even though Abilene is nice, I don’t think it is a big draw, so it is the coaching staff working their butts off recruiting and getting lucky. 2 really good players can really turn a basketball program around.