Harmony Steps Down

Big T

Thanks to Robin Harmony for the successes of women's basketball.With the loss of key seniors and signings starting last Wednesday the timing of this is not optimum.Marco's softball work looks good at this time and his lobbying to get football in the tourney was well done according to other AD's.Getting in with 6 division 1 wins instead of the typical 7 was well advocated.Hopefully these successes are predictive of a solid hiring for women's basketball.

Hate to see her go. Finding a replacement will be a significant test for Born as AD. The first question for me is why is she leaving as I don't think the Colonial Athletic Conference is that much better in women's sports, so is it money or just closer to home? The ladies deserve a quality coach, one that will continue building up the program.

Only Robin knows all the advantages and disadvantages to staying or taking the new position.I will miss her as she was professional in many ways and a good coach.The College of Charleston does have an athletic budget about 10% higher than Lamar according to a two year old USA Today report.Expectations will not be as high there initially as they are coming off a disastrous season..Coaches sometimes consider moving when they have had success and can see a couple more challenging years in the future due to key losses like senior stars or freshman transfers.How recruiting went is also a factor sometimes.It is often easier to get a new job when you are doing better so if you are thinking of a change it was probably now or next time your on top again.Former Lamar coach Tom Abetamarco was of the mindset that a coach should move as soon as he or she has success as it restarts the employment clock.I do think Lamar afforded her the best chance to win in the conference as both President Evans and AD Born were very supportive of her and the program compared to other conference programs I am aware of.

Hate to see her go. Finding a replacement will be a significant test for Born as AD. The first question for me is why is she leaving as I don't think the Colonial Athletic Conference is that much better in women's sports, so is it money or just closer to home? The ladies deserve a quality coach, one that will continue building up the program.

If you have ever spent time in Charleston and especially on CofC’s campus, you’d see why she left.

She took the program as far as she could and we appreciate all of her accolades. Let’s hope the next coach can win some games in the conference tournament. Her record in Katy: 1-6

Only Robin knows all the advantages and disadvantages to staying or taking the new position.I will miss her as she was professional in many ways and a good coach.The College of Charleston does have an athletic budget about 10% higher than Lamar according to a two year old USA Today report.Expectations will not be as high there initially as they are coming off a disastrous season..Coaches sometimes consider moving when they have had success and can see a couple more challenging years in the future due to key losses like senior stars or freshman transfers.How recruiting went is also a factor sometimes.It is often easier to get a new job when you are doing better so if you are thinking of a change it was probably now or next time your on top again.Former Lamar coach Tom Abetamarco was of the mindset that a coach should move as soon as he or she has success as it restarts the employment clock.I do think Lamar afforded her the best chance to win in the conference as both President Evans and AD Born were very supportive of her and the program compared to other conference programs I am aware of.

Their athletic budget may be only 10% greater than Lamar's but to put it in perspective, they do not field a football team. Sounds like a big, well-deserved raise for Robin.

What’d she say? If you’re talking about the plane quote, I took it as a more of a compliment to Charleston. I didn’t hear her say anything directly degrading SETX.

She said that if she could recruit players to Beaumont, Texas she knew she could recruit them to Charleston. She also said she wouldn't be in the new job if it weren't for Lamar.

She said that if she could recruit players to Beaumont, Texas she knew she could recruit them to Charleston. She also said she wouldn't be in the new job if it weren't for Lamar.

The truth hurts. Don’t be all sensitive. She worked extremely hard, on to the next coach!

Looking forward to see who Marco is bringing in, this is his first big coaching hire and he got it done fast.