Transfers added to football roster

coachacola

WR Carmoni Green from U of Illinois. Former 24/7Sports 3-star prospect from Miami FL. Will have 2 years of eligibility.

https://247sports.com/Player/Carmoni-Green-78802/

K Bailey Giffen from SFA is also on the roster. Not sure if he's a recent transfer or not but I just noticed his name.

Couple of new QBs, probably walk-ons: Dylan Davidson from Bay City TX and Alex Connell from Buna.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are rules I don't know or understand the "work arounds", but I thought the FCS limits were 65 equivalent scholarships and 85 total. Maybe that doesn't count until fall classes start or something else is how the official max is counted or I'm showing I'm full of it.

What happened to OL Micah McComb? No longer on the roster.

According to Micah's twitter account, he says he has had spinal stenosis surgery. Says he will continue working with Lamar Football and continue working to earn on his Marketing & Finance degree. Surgery was around June 6th. Doesn't sound like he'll play anymore.........

Schultz's contract extension is looking better, by the day, and camp opening, on July 30, is rapidly approaching. LU, not only has one passing QB but 3 passing QBs. Then the news about ***Carmoni Green transferring in, with immediate eligibility, plus Erik Pizzaro, plus moving Marcellus Wiley to WR, plus returning Jason Sikes and Case Robinson, at TE, plus the RB's are solid, plus a whole herd of big, experienced, OL. Man, this is not going to be a replay of Darrel Corbert's, jr. offense taking the field.

What does this have to do with Schultz's extension? Love him or hate him, and here's looking at you Fear the bird, the program has gotten so much better. So much so, that a *** WR likes what he sees and has joined up.

That's not a fluke and it would have never happened, under Woodard. What is the over/under number of games, before Fear the bird finally gives it up and jumps on the Schultz bandwagon?

Schultz's contract extension is looking better, by the day, and camp opening, on July 30, is rapidly approaching. LU, not only has one passing QB but 3 passing QBs. Then the news about ***Carmoni Green transferring in, with immediate eligibility, plus Erik Pizzaro, plus moving Marcellus Wiley to WR, plus returning Jason Sikes and Case Robinson, at TE, plus the RB's are solid, plus a whole herd of big, experienced, OL. Man, this is not going to be a replay of Darrel Corbert's, jr. offense taking the field.

What does this have to do with Schultz's extension? Love him or hate him, and here's looking at you Fear the bird, the program has gotten so much better. So much so, that a *** WR likes what he sees and has joined up.

That's not a fluke and it would have never happened, under Woodard. What is the over/under number of games, before Fear the bird finally gives it up and jumps on the Schultz bandwagon?

schultz passes as a last resort

I've never really bought into the theory, that Schultz is a three yards and a cloud of dust guy. In 2018, there were games were LU passed for multiple TDs and then there were games, in which LU ran crazy. I think that shows Schultz wasn't just a rushing guy but was going with what he had, aka, the air challenged Colbert. In 2019, from the get go, Schultz has Hoy, Mcbride, and Givens, the freshman. Hoy, you know he can light it up by the run or the pass. McBride is a passer with some wheels, and I really like Givens but he's going to have to sit.

Last year LU was somewhat hamstrung with Colbert but still finished at #2 in Southland rushing and #10 in passing. In 2019, I think LU will still be top 3 in rushing but will also be top 3 in passing. So let it be written, so let it be down.

According to Micah's twitter account, he says he has had spinal stenosis surgery. Says he will continue working with Lamar Football and continue working to earn on his Marketing & Finance degree. Surgery was around June 6th. Doesn't sound like he'll play anymore.........

Yep, he had constant pain in his back which turned out to be stenosis, he had laminectomys on 2 levels in his lower back and his surgeon recommended not playing college football any longer.

I'm sure there are rules I don't know or understand the "work arounds", but I thought the FCS limits were 65 equivalent scholarships and 85 total. Maybe that doesn't count until fall classes start or something else is how the official max is counted or I'm showing I'm full of it.

The NCAA rules are constantly tweaked and the roster limits have changed over the last few years. My understanding at the FCS level the roster limit prior to the first class day or first game, whichever comes first is 105. After that the limit is 85 with a maximum of 63 full scholarships. Also players on legitimate academic scholarships are no longer counted against the 63 limit , but are counted towards the 85.

This change has really helped Lamar baseball scholarship situation with 2 players on full Academic scholarships and several receiving partial academic scholarships. Grants can also be used for players that qualify, as long as the amount of athletes does not exceed the roster limit for that sport.

WR Carmoni Green from U of Illinois. Former 24/7Sports 3-star prospect from Miami FL. Will have 2 years of eligibility.

https://247sports.com/Player/Carmoni-Green-78802/

K Bailey Giffen from SFA is also on the roster. Not sure if he's a recent transfer or not but I just noticed his name.

Couple of new QBs, probably walk-ons: Dylan Davidson from Bay City TX and Alex Connell from Buna.

Green's highlight video shows some impressive punt returns as well as promising receiving skills.

I don't know about the other WR's but Pizzaro, Green, and Giles all have listed 40's in the 4.5 range. If those 3 are on the field together, that's a lot of bunny rabbits on a Southland field. Plus, Hoy is listed at mid 40's as well. This

ain't your Colbert offense.

Edited by Dracula

I don't know about the other WR's but Pizzaro, Green, and Giles all have listed 40's in the 4.5 range. If those 3 are on the field together, that's a lot of bunny rabbits on a Southland field. Plus, Hoy is listed at mid 40's as well. This

ain't your Colbert offense.

Hoy is faster then Colbert and has a better arm. Excited to see what he can do starting from the get go.

I admire ur optimism but you are delusional or possibly have dementia. Under Woodard we’ve had transfers from SMU, Ok State, A&M, Georgia, etc and ur excited about u of Illinois. Ok, whatever. 6 is the over/under. Our conference was awful last year, but who knows, maybe it will be bad again this year.

I've never really bought into the theory, that Schultz is a three yards and a cloud of dust guy. In 2018, there were games were LU passed for multiple TDs and then there were games, in which LU ran crazy. I think that shows Schultz wasn't just a rushing guy but was going with what he had, aka, the air challenged Colbert. In 2019, from the get go, Schultz has Hoy, Mcbride, and Givens, the freshman. Hoy, you know he can light it up by the run or the pass. McBride is a passer with some wheels, and I really like Givens but he's going to have to sit.

Last year LU was somewhat hamstrung with Colbert but still finished at #2 in Southland rushing and #10 in passing. In 2019, I think LU will still be top 3 in rushing but will also be top 3 in passing. So let it be written, so let it be down.

Again, wow. We were last in conference in passing. I guess that’s a dynamic passing game.

I admire ur optimism but you are delusional or possibly have dementia. Under Woodard we’ve had transfers from SMU, Ok State, A&M, Georgia, etc and ur excited about u of Illinois. Ok, whatever. 6 is the over/under. Our conference was awful last year, but who knows, maybe it will be bad again this year.

And, with all those high powered transfers, Woodard still produced a sucky program.

Again, wow. We were last in conference in passing. I guess that’s a dynamic passing game.

I'm not the biggest fan of Schultz' offense by no means but Hoy is a perfect fit for it. He has the speed, shiftiness, and escapability needed. He has a decent to good arm, seems to have decent field vision, and in the short amount of time he played last year he seemed to have decent decision making skills. I'll wait a few games before passing judgement. One thing I definitely agree with is that Schultz kept playing the lesser QB Colbert like he had dirty pictures of him in compromising positions.:biggrin:

Doc is that you? I may be hearing voices and seeing things, that may or may not be there, but I didn't eat crow last year,either, unlike some on this board. Looking forward to 8-29-2019.