Lamar vs UCA 3 PM Kickoff

geezer

Hope there is a good crowd for this game. As crazy as it sounds at 4 and 4 overall and 2 and 3 in conference the Cards still have a chance to finish in the top three. It will take the Cards running the table and some more help. UCA is sitting on top currently but still play three schools with a chance to defeat them. Johnson will have to step up big time at the QB spot and the rest of the team will have to play near their best.

Sure hope when Schultz views this tape he learns how a pass offense works and starts looking for a QB that can pass and run some. Except for the penalty UCA would have scored in no more than four plays coming out to start the 2nd half. First play was a long pass completion and the 2nd before the penalty would have had the ball at about the LU five yard line. Edited by geezer

UCA is by far the best SLC team Lamar has played. Looks like they are bigger at every position. Maybe they have been lucky and haven't had the injuries that LU has had but their offense is much better and the defense has stopped a very inconsistent LU offense.

Givens isn't a passer. He drops back and is looking to run almost immediately. LU could still end up the year winning out for a winning season, but they can just as easily drop three more. We will have to wait and see what kind of pride the Cards have at this point.

UCA is by far the best SLC team Lamar has played. Looks like they are bigger at every position. Maybe they have been lucky and haven't had the injuries that LU has had but their offense is much better and the defense has stopped a very inconsistent LU offense.

I wish it could be attributed to them being injury lucky but this website tells a different tale. https://247sports.com/college/central-arkansas/Season/2016-Football/Commits/

start scrolling thru the recruiting pages and you'll see what I mean. Damn.

This was us getting dominated by a better team. I am frustrated watching LU football. When Givens was the QB, we were determined not to throw. He is a college QB and I assume he can pass the ball. Our offense looked like a pee wee offense. A bunch of simple running plays that were easily defended with UCA playing run only defense. We were down big and we were not going to try and get back in the game with any kind of quick strike offense. We were down big the whole game and we still ran the ball 55 times. This looked like the A&M game for us. We were trying to run the clock out and not win the game. UCA looked like the varsity and we looked the JV. This coaching staff should be ashamed to call themselves coaches. Our pass defense was non existent (434 yards). The only thing that Schultz did right was he convinced Marco Born to extend his contract. What a mistake. The funny thing is, I got an email this week asking me to renew my football season tickets. Ha, it’s not going to happen! Apparently, they think this product is so great that if I wait, I won’t be able to get a seat. I really want to see LU succeed in football, but I can’t take this crap. TODAY WE GAVE UP!

Sure hope when Schultz views this tape he learns how a pass offense works and starts looking for a QB that can pass and run some. Except for the penalty UCA would have scored in no more than four plays coming out to start the 2nd half. First play was a long pass completion and the 2nd before the penalty would have had the ball at about the LU five yard line.

Y'all still ain't figured Shitz out....he has no desire to throw the ball. Its evident by the qbs he recruits and the qbs that hes lost. Noodle arms that can run is what he wants in his jr hi offense. Throw an occasional pass to the TE.

Also, i think dang near every qb we've faced has set a personal best in passing .

The guy is a bust,

"I coached LaDainian, dammit"

Edited by puddin tane

Before I get started, I ran across this news items , on the Southland Conference website, and, before I knew it, I had a line of open websites, across the top of my monitor.

I would like to congratulate LU's 2019 Southland Champion Cross Country team and LU's 2019 regular season Southland Conference Champion women's soccer team. HC Steve Holman and staff and the Lady cards posted a 9-1 conference mark. Literally, who knew, that LU's Cross Country track program has been dominating Southland Conference Cross Country, for nearly 20 years. Trey Clark, was hired, in the late nineties as an Ass't coach, then promoted to HC. In 2015, then HC Clark, hired Tony Houchin as the Ass't coach, in charge of distance and cross country. Both coaches have shown how LU can dominate the Southland and neither is a spring chicken. In September of this year, Marco Born,promoted HC Clark to Director of LU Track and Field and Cross country and also promoted Coach Houchin to HC of the Cross Country program and Ass't Director for Track and Field. Based on merit alone both moves are well deserved but I am hopeful that Born recognized their dominant coaching talent and made these moves, with a nice salary bump, to keep these two, at LU, for a long time.

What does this have to do, with the thumping, that Central put on LU, Saturday? I'm getting there and I'm pissed off so go or stay I don't care. Born has been on the job since May of 2018. He's run off some coaches and made, what now looks to be questionable contract extensions, but he's got the balls to make moves. Schultz has 2 years left to prove, that he deserved, that extension. If Born is still here, and, if Schultz doesn't make LU football a success story like the Track and Field and Lady's soccer has become, then he's got to go. I don't think that Born will hesitate to find somebody else. I'm still pissed off, good night.

Puddin, we are on the same side regarding Schultz, but last year we Hoy threw for 346 against UCA and this years team, 64 yards. There should be some accountability in regards to our coaching staff (Head Coach). Schultz isn’t worried about his job either. You don’t display that kind of offensive scheme, if your worried about your job. Born is Schultz’s puppet! He ain’t scared of Marco Born. He (Schultz) accepted that lost in the first quarter and dared anyone to question him. Arrogance yes, but he did coach LT.

Last year, Dodd was the OC and this year OC by committee. According to the 2019 coaching staff list, Bleil and Larry Edmondson, who was hired in Feb., 2019, are co-OC's. This year, against SouthEastern, Hoy went 14/33 for 303. The next week vs 1-4 SFA Hoy goes 19/36 for 203. The next week vs Abilene Christian, 26/32 /338. Even against Slammer, Hoy was 24/36 /212. Against UIW, Hoy gets hurt but collectively LU still goes 19/29/211. Givins goes 4/5/66 and rushes 8/38/4.8 ypc. Then, they run into Central. To be fair, Central has become a passing beast but hardly a defensive power. Their passing game development is another painful story. LU passing totals vs Central 7/16/64. Johnson gets hurt and Givins goes 2/5/26 and rans 21/73. ?????? LU has 7 pass attempts and 55 runs for 212.

Back to the passing beast. Central lists 6 Qb's on their roster. The prize QB is Breylin Smith and the rest all have pretty good high school credentials and they improve under coaching. Givins had pretty good high school numbers, both passing and rushing, at the 6A level.

Against Central 2/5/26 and 21/73, again ?????.

Schultz, enough is enough, you're killing me. Go get a hot shot high school creative offensive coach or a young highly credentialed passing college ass't, that can recruit, and put him on staff as a passing Coordinator. They are out there, not that hard to find, and would produce better results than what you're doing right now. freakin killing me.

As for Born being Schultz's lapdog, don't bet on it. Born may have made a mistake but his career is on the line too. Born wants bigger and better jobs. He'll cut his losses and run Schultz. freakin killing me.

Edited by Dracula