LU Football VS HBU

LU17

I think I will be going to the game tomorrow. I live just north of Houston so this is a close game for me. Do we even care anymore? I am going to see what kind of crappy play calling football we can play. I will be talking plenty of noise to Schultz.

As much as the LU offense deserves the criticism it's received this year the big pass plays the defense has given up are just as frustrating. LU allows a 3rd and 15 pass that goes 53 yards to set HBU up for a seven yard TD to retake the lead. From what I saw the big pass was set up by LU's defensive scheme. LU blitzed through a screen pass that no one picked up and left the receiver wide open. Edited by geezer

Some good news. Northwestern State defeats Slam 31-28 in Huntsville. The loss probably knocks them out of any chance for the conference championship. Barring a McNeese come back against Nicholls, Nicholls and Southeastern La will meet next week with the winner guaranteed at least a tie for the championship. Edited by geezer

Lamar punts and HBU moves the ball with the aid of a couple of Lamar penalties, a Lamar miscue on defense that allows HBU to get a first down on a long third down and a missed tackle on a scoring play HBU gets a touchdown to extend the lead back to eight points.

Last year Hoy was ready to play when Colbert got hurt, this year neither Givins or Shane Johnson could step up. Shane Johnson had to come in for the last two Lamar possesions today and was unable to deliver, even compared to Marcelous Johnson who played most of the year at wide receiver. I'm sure he didn't expect to play coming back from an injury himself but if you suit up you need to step up.