McNeese at LU Game Thread

coachacola

Not that there is much difference between 10th or last in the conference. Today that is where the Cards sit. It takes a win to avoid the bottom as HBU gets the scheduling advantage of only playing eight conference games. Another question that will be interesting for the weekend is how many teams does the SLC get into the playoffs? Looks like two are guaranteed as UCA and Nicholls are co champs with Nicholls owning the head to head win. SELA and Slam will both wind up tied for third at 6-3 in conference and both with seven overall wins.

I agree. The situation hasn't worked for Schultz and LU. If anyone knows that time is short, it is Marco. He now has skin, in the game, his career, on the line, and the next coaching hire is all on him. I can't see where he would be concerned about early signing period. Whoever he brings in, will not be ready to recruit until early 2020. I think that he will take his time.

To all the players, who worked so hard in the off season, and endured this hellish season, you just finished one hell of a gut check. You passed and nobody can ever diminish that effort.

On the brighter side of this dismal ending to what looked to be a promising season, Slammer must be kicking themselves this morning. They lost, at home no less, to LU and Northwestern, who have a total of 5 conference wins and are 7-17, on the season. Winning either one of them would have put them, at 7-2, second in conference, and, at least a solid 8-4 season record. They would be on their way to the playoffs. Those two losses not only crippled but ended any chance they had to make the playoffs. So sad and so freakin bad.

Mid December will have to be kids that Schultz has already recruited. If Schultz was let go right now the new coach would only have about two months until the February signing day and no telling how many that are currently Mid December possibles would go somewhere else.

Props go out to the players. They played their heart out to the end. Schultz put all of his eggs in the Hoy basket. That was idiotic when you run a run/pass offense heavy on the run and you put your QB at risk almost every play. I feel for Hoy. Great kid, pretty damn good QB. I would bet a month's salary that Schultz basically guaranteed McBride the starting job and when he didn't get it he said adios. He all but guaranteed Morse that he would be riding the bench so he said adios too and transferred to Henderson State where he could play some in a real offense. Schultz screwed himself and should be shown the door for that alone. The kids are bigger and better but his game planning sucks big time. I can't imagine any kind of receiver/tight end/passing QB would want to come here. Dawud Shorts brother Quan showed interest when he transferred but smartly went to Northwestern where he had 100 receptions, close to 1,000 receiving yards, and 11 TDs this year. He's got to go.