***Lamar Football Coaching Search***

KABrother88

I’m assuming that ridiculous special teams answer was a nervous (I can’t think of sh*t to say) reply, because it really did it make sense. Our kicking game was really good, but we sucked. It really sounds like at this point, nothing is really happening with LU football. Of course, the rest of the conference is still recruiting and taking care of their early signees. I understand he has a coaching obligation, but it comes at our expense. He sounds like a nice guy, but Woodard was also a nice guy with a good graduation rate. I really don’t know what to think about his press conference other than he was nervous.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking it's best to reserve judgement until he puts together his staff and he signs his first class in February.

I agree. I don’t think he is prepared to comment about what offensive or defensive schemes he wants to run until he knows what his returning players look like. Now the special teams comment was weird, but I think he got his thoughts lost during the answer. I do feel better about him now than I initially did. Liked his comments about having relationships with Golden Triangle and Houston area HS coaches, something I heard was lacking with Schulz and his staff.