Blane Morgan named Head Football Coach

KABrother88

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the article from when he joined SD State, and from what I read, I believe he is a person that adapts to what is available. It stated that as a player he played two years of DB to both get playing time and help his team until he was able to become the starting QB. As a QB he was a winner. We will have to wait and see what kind of players he recruits, but I don't think he is adverse to passing. He might not be an "Air Raid" type coach like a Mike Leach, but I don't think he is a we're gonna run the ball no matter what coach either.

Went to the presser and heard and met Coach Morgan. Very enthusiastic / high energy guy. Says he is not rushing into assembling staff and signing. Wants get things right. Pretty much feels early signing period not an option this year. Also needs to evaluate returning players. Since school is out for the holidays, has not met many current players.

Hopefully he is able to meet with the current assistants and get a feel for what he has as returning players. I'm a little curious as to his responsibilities at SDS. Is he expected to coach out there through next weekend? If so it doesn't look like he will really hit the ground until after Christmas. Assume he will use his free time next week making phone calls to the existing players.

Hopefully he is able to meet with the current assistants and get a feel for what he has as returning players. I'm a little curious as to his responsibilities at SDS. Is he expected to coach out there through next weekend? If so it doesn't look like he will really hit the ground until after Christmas. Assume he will use his free time next week making phone calls to the existing players.

I read here on the board where the head coach said he would make any of his assistants life miserable if they left before the bowl game. Was going to withhold their season bonus i think.

He said he was coaching SDSU in their bowl game on Dec. 21st. Also said they the game plan is pretty much set and it’s a matter of practicing it now. I took that as he might be pulling double duty for the next couple weeks but would have some time to focus on Lamar. I would much rather him focusing all his attention on Lamar though.

He said he was coaching SDSU in their bowl game on Dec. 21st. Also said they the game plan is pretty much set and it’s a matter of practicing it now. I took that as he might be pulling double duty for the next couple weeks but would have some time to focus on Lamar. I would much rather him focusing all his attention on Lamar though.

Yes, heard him say that, but got a feeling SDSU was going to get minimum required. Also got the feeling he may have a couple of his assistants lined up. Lamar’s assistants are on the payroll thru at least January, and according to Born, are willing to work with the transition of existing players.

Yes, heard him say that, but got a feeling SDSU was going to get minimum required. Also got the feeling he may have a couple of his assistants lined up. Lamar’s assistants are on the payroll thru at least January, and according to Born, are willing to work with the transition of existing players.

Man he’s got me stoked! “Special teams is the heart of the football team”. I bet season ticket sales are through the roof!! I know most if America is dying to see a good punter!

The more I see and hear him the more I like Marco's choice. I saw and heard nothing, from the press conference, that suggests to me, anything other than a genuine people person, nothing,that suggests to me, anything other than what you see is what you get, and since the most important aspect of recruiting is selling yourself, to the recruit and his family, I don't see any problem with Coach Morgan's ability to recruit. One of his qualities is he knows who he is, who he wants to be, and has the courage to strive for it. I think he will assemble a staff that shares the same core values and that can't be a bad thing.

Give him time to look at what he has and assemble a staff. I think we will be pleasantly surprised, with the shiny new toys, Coach Morgan puts under the tree.