Coach Morgan has given us a peek at his new staff

Dracula

At 1:00:20 seconds into the ESPN+ broadcast,at halftime, of the LUWBB game, Coach Morgan said that he had just hired a Beaumont local. He is bringing in a new DC and some of the coaching staff at SDSU. The 2020 LU coaching staff is going young. I would imagine the announcements coming shortly.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a high school coach, what about a former college player that's been at another college?

Yep, my first thought was Kevin Barbay, but he didn’t live in Beaumont. When he worked for Woodard he lived in Lumberton and he grew up in Nederland. But he his from the area.

The new assistant coach (receivers) from Beaumont is Ron Antoine, a 1992 West Brook graduate. Ron played college ball at Colorado State then had college coaching stints at Fayetteville State, Ohio, Elon, Wofford, Arkansas, South Alabama, Fresno State, and most recently Texas State. He also was head or assistant recruiting coordinator at these schools.

The new assistant coach (receivers) from Beaumont is Ron Antoine, a 1992 West Brook graduate. Ron played college ball at Colorado State then had college coaching stints at Fayetteville State, Ohio, Elon, Wofford, Arkansas, South Alabama, Fresno State, and most recently Texas State. He also was head or assistant recruiting coordinator at these schools.

A weird twist is his wife is the WBB head coach at Texas State.

Did he announce the staff yesterday and the press or LU is not releasing the info yet?

My understanding that not all the assistants are signed, sealed, and delivered. Morgan wants to wait until all 10 are on board before making the official announcement. Don’t know what the hold up is.

QB coach is Jackson Eskierka, graduate assistant from SDSU.

https://goaztecs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/jackson-eskierka/503

Are you sure he is the QB coach and not the equipment manager? So Far, we have a DL coach, who played in college, a WR coach, who played in college, and a QB coach, who is a very experienced equipment manager. This is not going to sit well with Chunkin Tater.

Welcome to Beaumont and good luck.

Are you sure he is the QB coach and not the equipment manager? So Far, we have a DL coach, who played in college, a WR coach, who played in college, and a QB coach, who is a very experienced equipment manager. This is not going to sit well with Chunkin Tater.

Welcome to Beaumont and good luck.

According to Jackson Eskierka's twitter profile he's the QB coach.

it's been so long since the offensive coaches were named, that I'm beginning to think he is keeping the defensive coaches.

Maybe, but I was told a month ago that he was going to probably keep 1 previous staff coach at most. Maybe he is not getting the guys he wanted.