LU Hosts Signing Day Show

lamarfan360

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The qb that signed today is listed as a mid-year enrollee, coming from a juco. That is a good deal as it will give him spring practice. Hope one or two of the ones listed as athletes are potential qb also. Otherwise I'm sure the staff will be looking for a qb or two to add to the team between now and fall.

The qb that signed today is listed as a mid-year enrollee, coming from a juco. That is a good deal as it will give him spring practice. Hope one or two of the ones listed as athletes are potential qb also. Otherwise I'm sure the staff will be looking for a qb or two to add to the team between now and fall.

Agree. One of the “Athletes” is a high school QB, that also played db and split end. The other has a defensive back background.

Hopefully we have more QBs in the fold, maybe a FBS transfer, like Colbert and Hoy, otherwise we look thin at that position. Most FCS schools have 4-5 QBs on their roster. SHSU had 5 last year and all 5 ended up

playing.

I agree that when people talk about recruiting local talent, it has to be FCS and FBS level talent, not just the local stars. I make the comment to people all the time that every high school player you recruit is probably one of the top two or three players on their high school team (maybe in the area) but how will they perform when the competition is their equal every game. How often when you watch them in high school are they playing directly against some one of at least equal talent accross from them? As good as football is in the Beaumont area, how many FBS players actually come out of the area each year. My guess is it is less than twenty, maybe less than ten in a given year. If a player isn't near that quality then he probably won't provide the level of talent Lamar needs to be a championship team. The NCAA rules limit the total number of players a school has, so if you want to win you can't recruit sentimental local favorites.

Now that we have seen and are past the first recruiting class, the next news cycle will be reporting for Spring practice. In 2019, the first Spring practice was around late February, with the Spring game, around the end of march. For Spring 2020, which is just a few weeks away, the new DC, Weikert, should have his defensive side hired, maybe. It will not be long now.

There are 4 recruits that are not on the LU football roster Devyn Gibbs, Caimyn Layne, Carson Harris, and Jacob Dicharry. Does anyone know if these recruits are PWO or on scholarship? Just wondering....they all look like really good players!

I noticed that with Harris last week. He was on the roster, now hes gone.

maybe they wanna play some where the sun fricking shines and it doesn't rain EVERY FREAKIN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!