SLC Basketball Tournament

Skinny1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We showed grit and smarts.This was a really good game to watch.This and Stephen F Austin win two of best games I have seen Cards play in a few years.Our freshman point guard has really shown up big lately on offense,defense and game management.

Missed the majority of the game due to other commitments. Saw the last couple of minutes. Great ending, although just when you thought it was under control the Cards give up the five point lead allowing Sam to tie the game because of a turnover. Glad to see Sullivan sink the free throw.

Missed the majority of the game due to other commitments. Saw the last couple of minutes. Great ending, although just when you thought it was under control the Cards give up the five point lead allowing Sam to tie the game because of a turnover. Glad to see Sullivan sink the free throw.

We played really well until we went into our prevent offense with 15 minutes left...don't get why we did that but at least we pulled out the win.

We showed grit and smarts.This was a really good game to watch.This and Stephen F Austin win two of best games I have seen Cards play in a few years.Our freshman point guard has really shown up big lately on offense,defense and game management.

Harrison is very good. A little out of control every now and then but he's going to be the best player we've had in a LONG time.

At times during regular season games it sometimes seemed to me Coach Price started running the clock down on offensive possessions too early in the second half thus not leaving enough time to get a good shot.But now,with having to play 4 games in 4 days,to win it,it makes more sense.The guards dribbling down 10 seconds allows the bigs to catch their breath and others to play the extended minutes a 7-8 player rotation requires.Its a risk/reward decision the coaches have to make considering the game and their players condition and availability.They KNOW that better than me going into the third game in three nights.

At times during regular season games it sometimes seemed to me Coach Price started running the clock down on offensive possessions too early in the second half thus not leaving enough time to get a good shot.But now,with having to play 4 games in 4 days,to win it,it makes more sense.The guards dribbling down 10 seconds allows the bigs to catch their breath and others to play the extended minutes a 7-8 player rotation requires.Its a risk/reward decision the coaches have to make considering the game and their players condition and availability.They KNOW that better than me going into the third game in three nights.

Agreed!

I would think ACU realizes that Lamar may not have their legs up to normal and would expect them to throw fullcourt pressure at us. Think Sam missed that opportunity last night, but Sam does not have a deep bench.

Game has been stopped with 41 seconds due to an altercation between Pimental and a Central Arkansas player. Walker ejected for Central Arkansas, Pimental ejected also. 63-55 Central Arkansas.

Hastings also may have been ejected. Now 65-55,

Lamar Women season is over after losing to a hot shooting CArk team, CArk 69 - Lady Cards 55.

Refs let them play in this game and CArk took advantage by being much more physical than Lamar.

CArk takes on #1 seed SFA tomorrow.

Edited by Skinny1