SLC Basketball Tournament

Skinny1

It seems to me a shame the Central Arkansas player will not be able to play tomorrow after reviewing the video.Retalliating Shoves in boys games often do not result in ejections.Did she get a tech earlier in the game which would make this altercation her second tech?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is too bad that the altercation in the last minute of the game occurred. If you weren't watching it started with Hastings fouling Walker from behind and kind of falling past her. As she fell it looked like Walker may have either pushed Hastings or grabbed her shirt, not quite sure. Either way Hastings jumped up and got in Walkers face. As the refs began to intervene Pimental rushed in and shoved Walker. At that point Coach Franklin got hold of Hastings and Pimental taking them off and away from everyone. Going back further UCA went to a zone to limit Lamar's ability to drive to the basket and when Hastings' in particular was getting her shots blocked, maybe she was getting fouled, maybe not but in any case her frustration was building. No excuse for the altercation just trying to analyze how it developed. This was a good hard fought game by both teams.

There are several things that ACU is doing better than Lamar and while I hope for miracle, I probably wasn't being realistic in my expectations for tonight. Example of depth difference ACU played ten players in the first half and nine of them have scored. All but one have played a minimum of six minutes. Lamar has played eight in the first half tonight but that is not the norm. Lamar also getting beat on the boards and loosing the turnover battle also. Edited by geezer

At this point assuming this is the last game of the year from Lamar, I will say I am impressed with Muoka's improvement over the last few weeks and Harrison has played well as a freshman. There are pieces needed to compete in the WAC next year. Lamar will need to find a good coach. Somebody that knows what an offense is.

Some extra context is Abilene is destroying Nichols in the championship game as bad or worse than they did to us.Nichols also was not playing their third game in three nights.Abilene is definitely the conferences best and had a great season. We did beat SFA and Sam at end of season when finally healthy.You got to love Abilene

Some extra context is Abilene is destroying Nichols in the championship game as bad or worse than they did to us.Nichols also was not playing their third game in three nights.Abilene is definitely the conferences best and had a great season. We did beat SFA and Sam at end of season when finally healthy.You got to love Abilene

Would have lied to have played ACU with the same about of rest as they had. We might not have won but it would have been closer.