MBB versus Chicago State

geezer

I think there is enough guard talent if everyone is available to defeat anyone left on the schedule. Two shots at UTRGV, two against SFA who although Lamar should not defeat, somehow Lamar does at least once every other year, Dixie State is a possible.

CJ Roberts needs to coach this team. I think he is the only one with a functioning brain.

You may have something there......The refs were about to give the ball to them and Roberts was yell we have the ball....Brooks did not have a clue as who should have the ball. The refs gave the ball to us. Go figure.

I like Brock's play... for a freshman he is game.

At this point I still expect a few conference wins, but I am also looking to see what kind of players Lamar signs for next year. Lamar desperately needs a post player that can contribute. A total of six points and four rebounds by the Lamar post players. Roberts couldn't bye a bucket after scoring twenty the previous game.

They dont even attempt to run any plays to/thru the post. How do you have any idea whether Carpenter or Catt can score? We run the same stupid ineffective play 90%+of the time! It is awful

You may have something there......The refs were about to give the ball to them and Roberts was yell we have the ball....Brooks did not have a clue as who should have the ball. The refs gave the ball to us. Go figure.

I like Brock's play... for a freshman he is game.

Exactly! I just about fell on the floor! Our coaching staff??? Totally clueless, did not know they were going to let Shitcago state shoot 2 on what was supposed to be 1 and 1!

At this point I still expect a few conference wins, but I am also looking to see what kind of players Lamar signs for next year. Lamar desperately needs a post player that can contribute. A total of six points and four rebounds by the Lamar post players. Roberts couldn't bye a bucket after scoring twenty the previous game.

Well, it has to be hard to score consistently when you are either shooting a contested D or just trying to drive to the bucket and score.

You would think just out of dumb luck that LU could hire a competent coach every now and then but they cannot even manage to do that.

Maybe the wrong people get involved in hiring for men's sports. It looks like Franklin may be coming around as the women's coach and I don't think anyone would argue that the previous two women's coaches were bad. I will still give Brooks the benefit of the doubt for this year. You can call them excuses but the facts are, for whatever reasons Lamar has not had any consistency of players available. If you're only dressing eight or nine you can't have five on five scrimmages in practice.