Baseball at Rice

geezer

Lamar takes game one of the three game series 12-6. Another good pitching performance from Douthit to start the game for the Cards. Douthit had another quality performance giving up two runs in four innings before coming out of the game. Douthit wasn't as dominating as last week giving up four doubles but did strike out more batters than innings pitched. Three of the doubles came in the first inning when he also gave up two runs, but he came back in the next three innings without giving up any more runs and leaving the game with a four to two lead.

Cards gave up a single and two walks to load the bases then a grand slam. The old saying walks will kill you still holds true. Still a positive weekend for Lamar taking two of three. Cards face Houston on Tuesday before returning home for a four game weekend series against Mount St Mary's.

Cards drop the game at Houston Tuesday evening 6-5. Lamar used eight pitchers and it looked like that was at least partially the plan. Morse started the game pitching two innings with no hits, no runs and a hit batsman. Cards got three runs in the top of the first. Cards switched pitchers in the top of the third going to Eckness. Ekness is supposed to be one of the top pitchers in the WAC this year but hasn't started out that well. He gave up two runs but struck out three with a walk and a home run. I won't go any further on the recap. Not a bad job for Lamar pitchers but just not quite good enough. Edited by geezer

Cards drop the game at Houston Tuesday evening 6-5. Lamar used eight pitchers and it looked like that was at least partially the plan. Morse started the game pitching two innings with no hits, no runs and a hit batsman. Cards got three runs in the top of the first. Cards switched pitchers in the top of the third going to Eckness. Ekness is supposed to be one of the top pitchers in the WAC this year but hasn't started out that well. He gave up two runs but struck out three with a walk and a home run. I won't go any further on the recap. Not a bad job for Lamar pitchers but just not quite good enough.

I will. We outhit them and led most of the game. Our defense let us down. Ekness grooved a fastball on that homer. Looks like he has a pretty good slider. Kemp and Durand had huge errors. Also, Durand had a weak throw into second base, and 2nd baseman had bad throw home, and they still almost got the runner at home. They did not count the fly ball that Durand missed an error but he should have caught that ball.

Did I hear them correctly? Our three weekend starters from last year all transferred? One went to UT another to OU; I did not hear where the third one went.

I will. We outhit them and led most of the game. Our defense let us down. Ekness grooved a fastball on that homer. Looks like he has a pretty good slider. Kemp and Durand had huge errors. Also, Durand had a weak throw into second base, and 2nd baseman had bad throw home, and they still almost got the runner at home. They did not count the fly ball that Durand missed an error but he should have caught that ball.

Did I hear them correctly? Our three weekend starters from last year all transferred? One went to UT another to OU; I did not hear where the third one went.

olivarez went ut, didnt pitch much here

bravo went to west virginia

michael went to ou