Spring football game

LU17

I think the spring football game is today. I am not sure because I did not see any headline talking about it. I wonder if the offense just watches from the bleachers while the defense lines up in formations. Coach probably does not want any scouts from other WAC teams scouting our potent high powered offense (qb sneak, qb sneak from shotgun, drop back qb sneak and qb sneak from drop back while pretending to look downfield). I did see a kids clinic after the scrimmage grades 2-6. I guess there will be some people, other than players parents, in the stands.

I think the spring football game is today. I am not sure because I did not see any headline talking about it. I wonder if the offense just watches from the bleachers while the defense lines up in formations. Coach probably does not want any scouts from other WAC teams scouting our potent high powered offense (qb sneak, qb sneak from shotgun, drop back qb sneak and qb sneak from drop back while pretending to look downfield). I did see a kids clinic after the scrimmage grades 2-6. I guess there will be some people, other than players parents, in the stands.

Kids clinic? Lord, I hope it has nothing to do with offense. Don't spread that cancer.

from the beaumont enterprise

Chandler did connect on a short yardage touchdown pass, and Longino completed one long pass to a tight end running up the seam. However, Lamar didnt show that much of its passing game.

I think on our offensive front we are starting to get a little bit of a mentality and I like that, Morgan said. We are going to try to be physical. We are going to try and run the football and be physical up front. I like the progress that we are starting to make.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Williams and Jentsch played 2nd half. Jentsch screwed up and threw a long td pass, so he is out of the running

from the beaumont enterprise

Chandler did connect on a short yardage touchdown pass, and Longino completed one long pass to a tight end running up the seam. However, Lamar didnt show that much of its passing game.

I think on our offensive front we are starting to get a little bit of a mentality and I like that, Morgan said. We are going to try to be physical. We are going to try and run the football and be physical up front. I like the progress that we are starting to make.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Williams and Jentsch played 2nd half. Jentsch screwed up and threw a long td pass, so he is out of the running

To me there are a couple of words in the Morgan said area that if they are quotes don't present the mindset of a champion. Those words are "starting to" and "try to". Those show a lack of confidence and or true commitment. A champion would say (we are going to be physical and I like the progress we made). For me the excitement of an offense isn't how the ball travels forward it is how far and often the ball travels forward. Not too many people complained about the game being boring when Harrington was ripping off big yardage running plays on average. Personally I dislike swing passes that only gain a couple of yards or none if the ball is dropped and create three and out offensive series. The O-line has to get the job done to get a ten yard run or a twenty yard pass, each of these plays takes about three seconds and keeps the ball out of the other teams hands.

Who knew they had even started spring practice? I heard about the spring game when I went to the second game of the baseball doubleheader--someone asked me if I went to the spring game.

I knew about the spring game, but did not attend since there was a baseball doubleheader and a MBB game. Plus I have gone to most of the spring games and can not get a feel on how good or bad we are. If the offense plays well, does that mean the defense sucks, or vice versa. Plus the format of scrimmages is boring and there is no use in yelling at the officials.