MBB versus CBU

geezer

Cards down by eleven at the half. Agree, looking at the stats, the difference in the game is CBU is 8-19 on three-point attempts, where Lamar one of three. Turnovers Lamar has eight compared to four for CBU, but CBU has twelve points from the Lamar turnovers compared to just two points for Lamar. McClure doesn't know his limits when sagging to help on defense. Too many times the player he drops off of is the one that puts up the three-point shot as McClure can't get back out to defend. Others have a similar problem on defense. At some point you have to tell Catt, Reyes and Nickerson to shut down the inside game one on one. Edited by geezer

This terrible year is in the books. Announcers say Brooks indicates that next year's team should look quite different. Six seniors finished their time at LU. Hopefully the recruits and the ones that redshirted can play team ball better than most of the ones that graduated or are leaving for other reason. Hopefully we will find the issues this year were poor chemistry between the coach and players and Brooks comes back to prove he is a better coach than what this year showed.

Cards down by eleven at the half. Agree, looking at the stats, the difference in the game is CBU is 8-19 on three-point attempts, where Lamar one of three. Turnovers Lamar has eight compared to four for CBU, but CBU has twelve points from the Lamar turnovers compared to just two points for Lamar. McClure doesn't know his limits when sagging to help on defense. Too many times the player he drops off of is the one that puts up the three-point shot as McClure can't get back out to defend. Others have a similar problem on defense. At some point you have to tell Catt, Reyes and Nickerson to shut down the inside game one on one.

So far, Adam's guy has 3 threes, McClure's has one. Maybe it changes as the game goes along.

This terrible year is in the books. Announcers say Brooks indicates that next year's team should look quite different. Six seniors finished their time at LU. Hopefully the recruits and the ones that redshirted can play team ball better than most of the ones that graduated or are leaving for other reason. Hopefully we will find the issues this year were poor chemistry between the coach and players and Brooks comes back to prove he is a better coach than what this year showed.

They just said coach Brooks has a 'plan'. He certainly can't coach to the talent he has. So his plan better be to recruit a bunch of 4 star plus players who just win on hero play.

So far, Adam's guy has 3 threes, McClure's has one. Maybe it changes as the game goes along.

well, theres one for Ledet now. It's our scheme more than anything. They do what we refuse to do all year. They are well coached. We are not.

None of the players that Lamar had on the floor this year would be better than the walk-ons at a true power school. The lesser talent level allows some players to think they are better than they really are and so they try to do too much. I am sure they are all good people. Which player or players from this year's team do the rest of you think seeing how they actually played would have started at any of the top five conference finishers? Edited by geezer

Tough news I heard tonight is that McClure in not coming back next year. A great loss, but who can blame him.

I wish all the players success in whatever they do next, but if any of them leave it is not a great loss. Maybe McClure would improve significantly but based on what he did this year there are dozens of players that can come in and fill his place.

I wish all the players success in whatever they do next, but if any of them leave it is not a great loss. Maybe McClure would improve significantly but based on what he did this year there are dozens of players that can come in and fill his place.

I agree no one on this years team is irreplaceable including McClure.

Good competitor. Smart to leave. This dribble drive playground system does not fit his skill set.

Personally, I would like to see McClure next year to see if he improves and can develop, but when I compare him to #1 Taran Armstrong a 6-5 freshman for CBU, Armstrong is a much better player right now. Granted Armstrong may have had more complimentary players alongside of him this year, but CBU struggled during the middle of the season when he was out with an injury. Lamar caught CBU shortly after he got back on the floor if my memory serves me.

Personally, I would like to see McClure next year to see if he improves and can develop, but when I compare him to #1 Taran Armstrong a 6-5 freshman for CBU, Armstrong is a much better player right now. Granted Armstrong may have had more complimentary players alongside of him this year, but CBU struggled during the middle of the season when he was out with an injury. Lamar caught CBU shortly after he got back on the floor if my memory serves me.

I would love to see him stay but not in this system. CBU coach knows how to use his players. I think McClure either is or could become a very good shooter. But he's not a one on one type of scorer, at least not yet and probably doesn't quite have the athleticism/quickness to do that (or he has to become more creative with how to get his shot off). Most other teams know how to use spot up shooters. Brooks obviously does not. If Carpenter and Catt were smart, they'd leave as well. They are not high 'pick and roll' post players. I think they both would be better served with traditional post up play, and our team this year was MUCH better suited for that type of system.