Next loss coming up-> Nicholls

coachacola

Cards give up a field goal with 25 seconds left in the half and take a 14-3 lead into the half. While that is a great thing for Lamar, Morgan still showed his lack of game management as Lamar attempted a 53-yard field goal that was short and right both. The missed field goal gave Nichols good starting field position as they moved the ball into range to get their field goal. Had Lamar punted and forced Nichols to start even twenty yards further back they probably wouldn't have gotten the score. We will see if those three points make a difference.

Nicholls gets the ball first in the second half and scores on about the fourth play with a long touchdown pass. We will see soon if the real Cards are here for the second half.

The defense had been playing well until that 63 yard TD pass. We need the offense to step up.

Edited by lamarfan360

Okay, I had a few beers tonite, so I will not say much. This win is against a two win team. If this is justification for you, then you are seeing things in a different light. We are a sub par SLC team. We can be and should be better. Our attendance is terrible. Most high schools in the golden triangle do better. We need a coaching change. I hope this does not hinder that. We have great SLC facilities. We can do better with a decent coach. This was a win, but our coaching was terrible. I think attendance was less than 3000. Cmon people, a good coach would fill the stands.

Okay, I had a few beers tonite, so I will not say much. This win is against a two win team. If this is justification for you, then you are seeing things in a different light. We are a sub par SLC team. We can be and should be better. Our attendance is terrible. Most high schools in the golden triangle do better. We need a coaching change. I hope this does not hinder that. We have great SLC facilities. We can do better with a decent coach. This was a win, but our coaching was terrible. I think attendance was less than 3000. Cmon people, a good coach would fill the stands.

Notice, I was being sarcastic. I said it was bad news because the Lamar administration is probably dumb enough to actually think things are improving.

This is easy to say after the fact, but I actually had Lamar about a 3-pt favorite. That's how bad I think Nicholls is. Their QB could play for Morgan. Southeastern should beat us by 3 td's next week. I'm glad they won but Morgan needs to go. There should be a search underway now; don't wait until the end of the season. That puts the new coach behind in recruiting.

C mon Wildcard, that is not the LU way. We do not announce any new football hire until mid Feb or early March. I do not think our AD has the stones to pull the trigger on Morgan. Although, it should be a no brainer. I truly hope I am wrong. He will see how that final year plays out. I have not seen attendance this bad since the Ken Stephen s days when it was the players parents, the band parents and the other teams fans that filled a small portion of the stadium. I am embarrassed for our football program. Morgan has run off the small fan base we had. We are a boring team that just snapped a 15 game losing streak.

Even though it will cost some money to get rid of Morgan, LU should make that money back quickly with a good hire, from increased ticket sales and donations.

I just cannot imagine a new President and AD not wanting to make a splash right away. The football program is the high profile sport so what would be the motivation to not fire Morgan? If the answer is money then LU sports is in big trouble.

He said they were the youngest team in the country. Oh, that explains everything. I thought we were the youngest team in the country last year. Is there an award for being the youngest team in the country? He said he wants to develop players. In other words, renew and extend my contract. In the real world, our developed players transfer because we suck. He said he does not want transfers and the baggage they bring. Well, I believe coach Snyder at K-State did pretty well doing that every year. He surely is a 100 percent better coach than Morgan. I caught a hint of arrogance in that interview. Maybe it was just me.

Look at his signees and look at who is still here. There is about a 50 percent year to year retention rate among his signees. We will be the youngest team every year if that keeps up.

continue to build and get better every year? We are not any better.

look at the video. We have two skinny, litle bitty guys chasing Nicholls receiver. We are toooo little.

i dont want juco u like schitz was doing, but there is a balance somewhere

Like you said Puddin, no retention. You are also right that we will stay young. We can either keep losing with freshman and sophomores or get some immediate help with a handful of jucos. I am not saying to build our team with nothing but jucos, like you said a mix of both. I guess what I am saying is I agree with your comment. We still need a better coach.