Coach Morgan fired - Time to pick a new coach

TexGator

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess that makes it "official-official".

The Enterprise is also reporting it.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-University-hires-new-football-coach-17644951.php

... but I'd say that a university announcement is pretty darn official.

Last 4 years at New Haven: 37-8

Last 2 years (after 3 of sub-par results): 14-9 (before taking a job at Rutgers)

The fact he has an O-Line background makes me happy. Call me crazy, but I want guys who want to impose their will on the other team. If you're winning in the trenches, it gives you more options than "chuck and hope"

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Lamar-University-hires-new-football-coach-17644951.php

Last 2 years (after 3 of sub-par results): 14-9 (before taking a job at Rutgers)

The fact he has an O-Line background makes me happy. Call me crazy, but I want guys who want to impose their will on the other team. If you're winning in the trenches, it gives you more options than "chuck and hope"

I saw the Enterprise article, but I could not open it because it is behind a paywall. I hope Coach Rossomando can bring some stability (and wins) to the program.

Edited by crawfish

Looks to be a solid choice. Success at multiple levels along with head coaching experience.

I am liking the resume!!!! Compare his to Morgan. Night and day. Now, I wonder what type of offense he will run. Better not bring that Morgan wing t, veer, flex crap!

I played high school ball with a jv coach that was a lineman from what today is a P5 school and he definitely believed in winning in the trenches. Several games the game plan was get three to four first downs running quarter back sneaks for an average of five yard a play and then chunking a long pass for a score. Glad to see Lamar getting a coach who at least has had success in the past.

I am liking the resume!!!! Compare his to Morgan. Night and day. Now, I wonder what type of offense he will run. Better not bring that Morgan wing t, veer, flex crap!

From doing a little research I think he likes the spread offense. When he took over as interim head coach at Charlotte they ran the spread option. And when we was the OL coach at Rutgers they switched to the spread offense. From a few articles today he said he wants to bring an exciting offense to LU.