Good news for the Cards fans who can't travel to USA

TBonesLU

Guest oldbamadude
lu cards, thanks for the question as I'll be at a birthday party and I'm not sure if they get ESPN3.

Fox 4 is airing the game.

Hey guys, do you know if your channel Fox 4 is sending over a crew to do the game? Our game last Sat. was carried here live by a local tv station channel 44, and ESPN3 picked up their feed. I just called ch 44 and was told they are not carrying the game, so that leaves your station or ESPN sending in someone. Anyone know?

Guest CardAmbassador
lu cards, thanks for the question as I'll be at a birthday party and I'm not sure if they get ESPN3.

Hey guys, do you know if your channel Fox 4 is sending over a crew to do the game? Our game last Sat. was carried here live by a local tv station channel 44, and ESPN3 picked up their feed. I just called ch 44 and was told they are not carrying the game, so that leaves your station or ESPN sending in someone. Anyone know?

From my understanding yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hopefully NickKBTV will stop by and let us know what the situation is.

No offense to LU or USA, but I'm pretty sure ESPN isn't putting a couple of their own anchors (not to mention a whole crew) on the air to show this game. I bet Fox 4 is sending over a couple of guys. I'm glad to hear it's not being aired in Mobile by their network (I'm glad they get to watch it though). That means we can get some guys talking up Lamar.

Guest CardAmbassador
When I checked earlier, ESPN3 was showing the Jags vs Lamar and NC State both being aired, now it only shows the NC State game.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index#type/upcoming/channel/espn3/search/South Alabama/

OMG, you're right, it's gone now. That's crazy I checked it about 2 hours ago and it was going to air on ESPN 3. They dropped that pretty quick.

*Shakes fist at ESPN*

I hope this is some type of malfunction.

Guest oldbamadude
If you have a crew coming over to do the game, your fans at home will be able to see if even without ESPN3 correct? Our folks just need to get their be-hinds to the stadium. Bama vs Penn State at 2:30 on ABC is gonna have some effect on our attendance I'm afraid.

Ok, let me clarify since we're the ones shooting the game in Mobile.

FOX 4 will be wiring the game in conjuction with Lamar Video. ESPN3 was ready to pick up the feed and send it back, but USA's AD said no since he wanted to shrink the market in which USA would be available.

So sorry guys FOX 4 only. Now for the other part of the bad news; since USA is in the sticks of south AL, there is weak internet so for us there is now no reason to attempt to send it back via web.

Hope this answers your questions....

lv

Ok, let me clarify since we're the ones shooting the game in Mobile.

FOX 4 will be wiring the game in conjuction with Lamar Video. ESPN3 was ready to pick up the feed and send it back, but USA's AD said no since he wanted to shrink the market in which USA would be available.

So sorry guys FOX 4 only. Now for the other part of the bad news; since USA is in the sticks of south AL, there is weak internet so for us there is now no reason to attempt to send it back via web.

Hope this answers your questions....

lv

I don't think Mobile would be considered the sticks of Alabama.