Peter Rossomando Named as Cardinals Head Coach

lamarfan360

I see no reason this coach will be any better than what we have had. I hope he can turn it around and he has only 2 years to do so.

If he does not know how to cheat and recruit, he better learn quickly.

Well, you are either blind or related to someone who they did not hire. This guy actually appears to be qualified for the job!!

Don't know what to make of this hire. Hopefully he does great and turns things around and produces championships. I have concerns that he doesn't have recruiting ties to Texas, Louisiana or this part of the world where we need to mine the talent. But, as I want LU to succeed and do great, I want him to do great and make the football program a championship program!

Don't know what to make of this hire. Hopefully he does great and turns things around and produces championships. I have concerns that he doesn't have recruiting ties to Texas, Louisiana or this part of the world where we need to mine the talent. But, as I want LU to succeed and do great, I want him to do great and make the football program a championship program!

Another concern is that he is an East Coast (New Yorker, educated in Boston) guy. Someone will have to help him understand that we think differently in East Texas, school him on some of the subtleties of life in this part of the world. He cannot come in here all brash, arrogant thinking he is better than all us hicks (like Abatemarco did). He will rub a lot of people the wrong way and will start behind the eight ball right out of the gate!

Another concern is that he is an East Coast (New Yorker, educated in Boston) guy. Someone will have to help him understand that we think differently in East Texas, school him on some of the subtleties of life in this part of the world. He cannot come in here all brash, arrogant thinking he is better than all us hicks (like Abatemarco did). He will rub a lot of people the wrong way and will start behind the eight ball right out of the gate!

Well, I agree with some of this. Hopefully he is not overly obnoxious like Abatemarco. But there was another New Yorker who did fantastic here. (He coached the baseball team for a long time and was pretty damn successful) Rossamando is a former D2 national coach of the year and a former finalist for FCS coach of the year so that sounds pretty dang good to me. Much better than Dultz and Morgan. On the surface it sounds like a very good hire. We shall see about the personality thing. That definitely could change my mind.

Well, I agree with some of this. Hopefully he is not overly obnoxious like Abatemarco. But there was another New Yorker who did fantastic here. (He coached the baseball team for a long time and was pretty damn successful) Rossamando is a former D2 national coach of the year and a former finalist for FCS coach of the year so that sounds pretty dang good to me. Much better than Dultz and Morgan. On the surface it sounds like a very good hire. We shall see about the personality thing. That definitely could change my mind.

Personally, short of some kind of malfeasance or scandal, I only care about wins.

I see no reason this coach will be any better than what we have had. I hope he can turn it around and he has only 2 years to do so.

If he does not know how to cheat and recruit, he better learn quickly.

Why do you only give him 2 years?

From where the program is now, just being competitive in all the FCS games is a hurdle.

Getting to 4-7 or 5-6 is the first step.

Watched the link and thought he came across well. My take is he goes after athletes that he believes are capable of competing and then molds the offensive and defensive schemes to the strengths of the players. Indicates a willingness to recruit at all levels, particularly to fill specific holes. Said, he watched tape of all of Lamar's games this past year, so he has an idea of what the needs look like. Portrayed a really positive attitude.

Watched the link and thought he came across well. My take is he goes after athletes that he believes are capable of competing and then molds the offensive and defensive schemes to the strengths of the players. Indicates a willingness to recruit at all levels, particularly to fill specific holes. Said, he watched tape of all of Lamar's games this past year, so he has an idea of what the needs look like. Portrayed a really positive attitude.

I thought he did extremely well in the press conference. We need a damn quarterback that can throw (you know, like the position is designed for...can complete a forward pass).

Anyway, he's the most qualified coach we've hired. So, let's hope he can get the shit show turned around.

I thought he did extremely well in the press conference. We need a damn quarterback that can throw (you know, like the position is designed for...can complete a forward pass).

Anyway, he's the most qualified coach we've hired. So, let's hope he can get the shit show turned around.

I don't care where he's completing passes. I just want to start scoring more than we give up.

I'd bet that we could find a chart of Leach's pass plays and easily a quarter of them weren't past the line of scrimmage, but they were out-scheming others by using those behind-the-line passes as effectively extra running plays to keep the defense on their heels. Then again, that's why Leach's offensive stats were skewed and people stopped looking at "Passing Yards" for him and started looking at "Total Yards" for his offensive since those quick hits to Welker, Amendola, Morris, and others (notice they were all undersized white guys we think of with the Tech offense other than Crabtree- he had a type) weren't exactly WR screens as much as "stretch running plays" with a head start.

Why no one else thought to just start the receiver where he was going to turn upfield after a sweep is beyond me but now that stuff is a whole chapter in playbooks from Pop Warner up to the NFL.

• 4 weeks later...

This hire just makes zero sense. Copied from huntsville paper

During Perry's time as the OC, the Kats were one of the worst offensive team in the FCS. Sam Houston ranked 107 out of 123 teams in the FCS in total offense. They ranked 111 in red zone offense and ranked last in pass efficiency through their first five games.

His short duration at both Rutgers and Sam doesn't instill confidence, but maybe Keeler was on a different page and the two were never able to solve their differences in styles. Either way that is who Lamar will have to start this year and hopefully he is able to make a positive difference in Beaumont.

This hire just makes zero sense. Copied from huntsville paper

During Perry's time as the OC, the Kats were one of the worst offensive team in the FCS. Sam Houston ranked 107 out of 123 teams in the FCS in total offense. They ranked 111 in red zone offense and ranked last in pass efficiency through their first five games.

wtf!!