Sugar Land Classic - Feb 24-26

TexGator

The Cardinals are RED HOT!

Who all is heading to Sugar Land to see them play?

Their RPI is sitting in the 20s. They knocked off a top-5 team in their house then returned home to play another undefeated, top team in the RPI.

There's no one who will be there that is seen as better than us right now.

Sure, it's a small sample size, but we can keep building on it! I'm busy with work stuff or I'd be there (I'll make up for it by being at the Rice game in April)

We have Alcorn State next at Vincent-Beck on Tuesday at 6pm. Hope we can get another mid-week crowd.

Went to the game tonight in Sugar Land - my guess is about 20-30 Lamar fans (mostly parents). HBU had a few less there, maybe 20-25.

Lance Berkman did not coach tonight because he is serving a 2 game suspension for running onto the field and sliding into 2nd base to protest a call versus Seton Hall at Sugar Land. I was told it was a horrible call btw!

We have Alcorn State next at Vincent-Beck on Tuesday at 6pm. Hope we can get another mid-week crowd.

Went to the game tonight in Sugar Land - my guess is about 20-30 Lamar fans (mostly parents). HBU had a few less there, maybe 20-25.

Lance Berkman did not coach tonight because he is serving a 2 game suspension for running onto the field and sliding into 2nd base to protest a call versus Seton Hall at Sugar Land. I was told it was a horrible call btw!

No matter how good or bad of a call it was, he wouldn't have gotten a 2-game hit if he'd not gone off the deep end.

Yell at the umps for a good 10-15 seconds (w/o using a magic word) = you're good

Yell longer and/or use a magic word = tossed for the game.

To get tossed for multiple additional games = you've got to hit Lou Pinnella or Earl Weaver level.

They're also the only winless team in the Southland- hopefully, he was just trying to show he had their back and this wasn't him losing it because he's getting sick and tired of losing (he's sitting at about a .295 winning percentage since he took the job).