2023 Preseason Football Talk

coachacola

SLC Preseason poll, LU pick 7th

So, we have 3 tiers.... Southeast & UIW; then McNeese, Nicholls, and NW State; then A&M Commerce, HCU, and us.

To me, that means the MINIMUM is beating the Lions and Huskies.

The next level is to knock off the Cowboys and/or Colonels and/or Demons.

But I'm not going to complain if we knock off the "other" Cardinals or the "other" Lions.

Rossamundo says we can compete by running the ball and shortening the game.

Been there, done that. Shite

throw the damn ball. Its college. You can pass on dang near anybody in college. Our first game back from the dead, we passed for over 400 yards and nearly beat mcneese. Later, 400 yards and a win over sela.

Seems like we heard this same philosophy by a couple of former head coaches. Shorten the game, that is how we are going to win the conference? That is what the bad teams say so the other team does not drop a hundred on them.

Championship teams are good in five areas. They play good pass defense, they play good run defense, they have good special teams, offensively they run the ball and they pass the ball well. Running the ball well is important, but it's not the only thing.

I looked at the roster. This is a very young team, especially on both lines. And for the most part, the lines are undersized. If Rossamondo can win 5 games in year one, that will be a good indication that he is a good choice and might be a good hire. We are definitely in a wait and see mode!

Puddin, we have a transfer WR that was selected 2nd team All Conference. If we don't throw the ball, he has no chance to achieve that. I am with you, we have to chunk it a minimum of 25 times a game. Maybe with the Rice transfer and Major Bowden, we will have a good run game, and that will help the passing game. Interested to see what the play calling will be.

I looked at the roster. This is a very young team, especially on both lines. And for the most part, the lines are undersized. If Rossamondo can win 5 games in year one, that will be a good indication that he is a good choice and might be a good hire. We are definitely in a wait and see mode!

Puddin, we have a transfer WR that was selected 2nd team All Conference. If we don't throw the ball, he has no chance to achieve that. I am with you, we have to chunk it a minimum of 25 times a game. Maybe with the Rice transfer and Major Bowden, we will have a good run game, and that will help the passing game. Interested to see what the play calling will be.

agree with the dl being small, but with my crystal ball , i see the ol going

330 jr,

310 junior,

302 transfer,

285 dichary who is listed as a soph but i think this is his 4th season, hes up 30 lbs

and either a 290 transfer, 287 3rd yr soph, or a 305 jr transfer

we need a qb!

The three new recruits are all small. Unless your planning on a lot of swing and or screen passes, I doubt they will be worth much to the program. As for the running game, Lamar needs a balance with passing or a really big improvement in running production.

The three new recruits are all small. Unless your planning on a lot of swing and or screen passes, I doubt they will be worth much to the program. As for the running game, Lamar needs a balance with passing or a really big improvement in running production.

geez

5 ft 11, 205

5 ft 9. 207

and

5 ft 6 175

bowden is small, harrington was small, our leading rusher a couple years ago, who transferred to Eastern Michigan, was smaller than all of em at 5 ft 6, 165. He was all conference returner in the MAC

i got 3 words for you.

KADE FRICKING HARRINGTON

geezer would have never given him a chance

Puddin you misunderstand, because I was a Harrington fan and give him full credit as an exceptional athlete. I just feel on average, he is the exception as shown by the Lamar record and running backs overall production since Harrington graduated. Also, Lamar had a passing game during Harrington's playing years. I will also say Bowden had a decent performance last year. Besides, you're the just chunk the ball guy, and if you are going to chunk it usually a little bit bigger back is preferred for a blocker.

Puddin you misunderstand, because I was a Harrington fan and give him full credit as an exceptional athlete. I just feel on average, he is the exception as shown by the Lamar record and running backs overall production since Harrington graduated. Also, Lamar had a passing game during Harrington's playing years. I will also say Bowden had a decent performance last year. Besides, you're the just chunk the ball guy, and if you are going to chunk it usually a little bit bigger back is preferred for a blocker.

my offense doesnt have a running back!