coachacola

Isaiah Menefee III from Lufkin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zaylon Stoker from Kilgore

Zaylon Stoker from Kilgore

85 tackles, 10 interceptions, 4 defensive TD, 5 PBU, 1 blocked kick, 1 blocked kick return for TD

Love that these are standout players at winning programs.

Even more love that these guys are committing PRIOR to the season.

Since football returned, the mentality has been to just wait to see what scraps are left after the big dogs eat; Rosso doesn't want to wait to see what's left; he's going to order his own entree and eat it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We need to show these guys some love on Social Media.

As a teacher, let me say that I can PROMISE they're influenced by getting likes on their IGs and tweets.

They're teens- they want a place to belong... give them likes and affirming comments and they will remember that. Put yourself in their shoes- they're sitting in English IV, not understanding a word of Beowulf... they slide their phone out of their backpack and hide it inside the book. What do they see? Their "Shout out to Lamar University for offering me!" has dozens of likes (more than they got from SFA, Southeast, or other schools.

Now, they're thinking about sitting down with Coach Ross, the fun they had, the good food, what it was like to spend a weekend in the dorm... now, they've forgotten Beowulf and are looking at the mock-up of them in Red and White... texting Mom and Dad "I know we talked about it in the car driving home, but did you like Lamar?" Get in these kids' heads.

Lamar can't offer a 6-figure NIL deal, but they can make Big Red feel like home.