Lamar In Top 5 Of Best HS WBB Player In SE Texas

lamarfan360

• 1 month later...

Kendall is taking her final visit to Louisiana Tech this weekend. I know they would like to have her but Lamar needs her.

The last great WBB PG from Hardin-Jefferson to attend Lamar was Ramona Jones. Her senior year at LU, the Lady Cardinals beat UT, LSU and Arkansas before losing to Virginia. The Cavaliers played in the National championship game.

Kendall has the potential to be better than Ramona!

Couple points I missed about the prior post. Ramona Jones was a sophomore when the Lady Cards when to the Elite Eight. Lamar finished the season 29-4. Two of the losses were by one point, SFA and La Tech. Finally, Lamar had signed Travesa Gant out of WO-S (HS All-American) rated 25th in the nation but was academically ineligible for the 1990/91 season. If she had played Lamar might have won the National Championship.

The violations Coach Barbre was accused of were nothing compared to what Bill Self has committed.

Couple points I missed about the prior post. Ramona Jones was a sophomore when the Lady Cards when to the Elite Eight. Lamar finished the season 29-4. Two of the losses were by one point, SFA and La Tech. Finally, Lamar had signed Travesa Gant out of WO-S (HS All-American) rated 25th in the nation but was academically ineligible for the 1990/91 season. If she had played Lamar might have won the National Championship.

The violations Coach Barbre was accused of were nothing compared to what Bill Self has committed.

https://andscape.com/features/kansas-basketball-gets-out-of-jail-free-but-falsehoods-are-there-for-all-to-see/

Interesting read about the KU program. Make your own opinion. Mine? A school like Lamar would have had the hammer slammed on their program.

• 4 weeks later...