Lamar vs Northwestern State October 7th

geezer

Cards take on Northwestern St at home tomorrow at 3 pm. Will Lamar make it three wins in a row? Northwestern is 0-4 coming in but all of their games have been against FBS and FCS opponents with their last game a 19-10 loss versus Eastern Illinois last Saturday.

Lamar's offense appears to be much better than last years. Coleman is doing a fair job passing but there is room for improvement, and he seems better each week. In my opinion not as good as Caleb Berry's last year, but then he doesn't have Harrington at running back. The running back stable is doing ok, but still need to improve also. Defense is currently my biggest question mark as they are inconsistent from play to play.

Lamar's offense appears to be much better than last years. Coleman is doing a fair job passing but there is room for improvement, and he seems better each week. In my opinion not as good as Caleb Berry's last year, but then he doesn't have Harrington at running back. The running back stable is doing ok, but still need to improve also. Defense is currently my biggest question mark as they are inconsistent from play to play.

caleb berry was probably one of, if not the best, qb LU has ever had.

coleman needs to lower his shoulder on the end of his runs, or slide. hes gonna end up in lala land. He got smoked at the goaline against Lincoln Penitentiary. Got popped pretty good at SD also

hes has the highest completion pct in the conference. 2nd in qb efficiency.

I was busy this afternoon, so didn't get a chance to really keep up with the game. It looked like Lamar got out to a strong start and then sputtered for probably close to the middle half of the game, before closing the game strong in the fourth quarter. Next week will be a real test at Southeastern La. They were picked as preseason champs but are playing IW tough in San Antonio and if they can't come back and win today will really be looking for a chance to win next week.

Was at the game. Lamar appeared to be the better team, but offensive line was pourous on pass protection. If Coleman had more time, this would be a blowout.

Running game was solid for Lamar.

Defensive line did poorly on the pass rush, their QB was not that good, but we hardly got to him.

Overall Cards played well enough to win. Thought Demons were a bit undisciplined.

Special teams was a mixed bag with a kickoff returned for a TD, but missed a short FG, had and xtra point & punt blocked.

Was at the game. Lamar appeared to be the better team, but offensive line was pourous on pass protection. If Coleman had more time, this would be a blowout.

Running game was solid for Lamar.

Defensive line did poorly on the pass rush, their QB was not that good, but we hardly got to him.

Overall Cards played well enough to win. Thought Demons were a bit undisciplined.

Special teams was a mixed bag with a kickoff returned for a TD, but missed a short FG, had and xtra point & punt blocked.

Agree, I hope we are recruiting some athletic big guys. Offensively, Lamar left some points on the the field. Had a first down inside the 10 and did not score.

I feel Lamar can play better which is exciting to me. They have not hit their ceiling in my opinion.

Agree, I hope we are recruiting some athletic big guys. Offensively, Lamar left some points on the the field. Had a first down inside the 10 and did not score.

I feel Lamar can play better which is exciting to me. They have not hit their ceiling in my opinion.

Honestly, I did not feel like we played that well offensively or defensively. Looking at the stats, I shouldn't really complain about the defense. Definitely would have liked to see us be able to get more pressure on their qb...and have them put less on ours. I think we were too predictable on offense. Other than the huge return by Harris, I thought our special teams play was horrible. Why was our punter trying to do that dumb rugby style punt? We had the wind at our back and he has a very good leg!! Anyway, great to get the win. And, man, it sure is nice to win a few!!!! Great job so far.

My perspective on Lamar Football has changed. The last several years the hope for victory was low. Just hoping we could get lucky and get a win. Now I am almost expecting us to win, at least be competitive. I know I am setting myself to be disappointed, but at least it makes the games more fun to attend.

I beginning to think Coach Rossomundo might be the real thing, especially if he and his staff can recruit.

First game this year and we looked like a real college football team. Seemed very organized and the players seemed much more disciplined. Last several years sideline was a mess and players lacked focus. I agree if these guys can recruit we might have the makings of something good.

This was , I believe, the 6th game with a different starting

OL. The only constant has been the center. Dunno if we have OL injures or what.

Loved the tackle by the center!

I loved the tackle too! You know all the LU players are still talking about it.

It happened right in front of me and I did not see a penalty. They flagged him for unnecessary roughness, that was just a good hard hit!

I loved the tackle too! You know all the LU players are still talking about it.

It happened right in front of me and I did not see a penalty. They flagged him for unnecessary roughness, that was just a good hard hit!

That was awesome! He laid that guy out!! I