Lamar vs. Incarnate Word - October 28th, 3PM at Provost Umphrey

TexGator

The Lamar vs. Incarnate Word game is now the biggest game so far this year.

So, what do we do to create a big homefield advantage and fill the place for the game?

I miss when Lamar had a distinct home field/court advantage because the students showed up... and feel like the excitement that is building is something that could definitely be used to get the students and community to show up!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar has four regular season games left, three at home and one on the road. Still a lot of work to do as three of the remaining games are against schools currently near the top of the conference and the other is rivalry time against McNeese. There is no reason not to have good crowds for these games.

Lamar has four regular season games left, three at home and one on the road. Still a lot of work to do as three of the remaining games are against schools currently near the top of the conference and the other is rivalry time against McNeese. There is no reason not to have good crowds for these games.

The 3 home games: against the rest of the top half of the conference.

The 1 road game: rivalry (from a team that would LOVE to ruin a shot at the playoff).

If we win 3 of 4, we're probably in FCS Playoffs.

If we win all 4, we're almost undoubtedly HOSTING a playoff game.

Let's hope that Taylor and O'Malley are planning to paint the town Cardinal Red the next 2 weeks to try to get thousands of extra fans out there. Maybe promise attendees a free ticket to a non-conference basketball game? T-shirt giveaway to students (saw someone on Twitter suggest reviving the "L-Raisers"- hard to do anything cutesy when the other team is also the "Cardinals" but the biggest thing is to get community chatter- get on the news, get buzz on campus... whatever it takes.

Edited by TexGator

The 1 road game: rivalry (from a team that would LOVE to ruin a shot at the playoff).

Let's hope that Taylor and O'Malley are planning to paint the town Cardinal Red the next 2 weeks to try to get thousands of extra fans out there. Maybe promise attendees a fee ticket to a non-conference basketball game? T-shirt giveaway to students (saw someone on Twitter suggest reviving the "L-Raisers"- hard to do anything cutesy when the other team is also the "Cardinals" but the biggest thing is to get community chatter- get on the news, get buzz on campus... whatever it takes.

Agree with the above, Lamar needs to have the media; radio, TV, newspapers and etc put out the message. All of us on bigredinsider, are die hard fans and alumni of Lamar. A lot of my friends do not know how the football program is doing. LU has to reach the average sports fan. Then, it would help if Lamar can beat UIW (I truly believe they can).

Some people do not believe the Cardinals have played anyone yet. (Beat anyone good yet)

Edited by lamarfan360

I believe Harold Mann mentioned that the UIW will be the BLACK OUT game. That everyone in attendance should try and wear black shirts/ jackets/ sweatshirts. Lamar has 2 weeks to get some publicity out about this football team and try to get some butts in the seats. Rossomando made the comment about needing more students at the game and building a home atmosphere especially behind the opposing bench.

I believe Harold Mann mentioned that the UIW will be the BLACK OUT game. That everyone in attendance should try and wear black shirts/ jackets/ sweatshirts. Lamar has 2 weeks to get some publicity out about this football team and try to get some butts in the seats. Rossomando made the comment about needing more students at the game and building a home atmosphere especially behind the opposing bench.

If it's the "Black-Out" game, that means black hoodies!!!

While it's 13 days out, the forecast right now is for rain. Hopefully, Bostwick and Cooper will give better news next week on the weather for the game- ya know, actually having the TV stations promising to do live remotes, including the "Tailgate, Kickoff, and 4th Quarter" forecast into their Thursday and Friday reports.

With all the corporate partners (is there a credit union that ISN'T a sponsor?), it shouldn't be hard to get the word out.

But, on top of that, the boys need to show up on the 28th. Winning, as we've said so many times, is the best way to get buzz. I'm old enough to remember how excited the whole community was when the Lady Cards hosted an NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament game in '91... and how rocking the Montagne was- a big reason they pulled out the win.

Let's hope that Taylor and O'Malley are planning to paint the town Cardinal Red the next 2 weeks to try to get thousands of extra fans out there. Maybe promise attendees a free ticket to a non-conference basketball game? T-shirt giveaway to students (saw someone on Twitter suggest reviving the "L-Raisers"- hard to do anything cutesy when the other team is also the "Cardinals" but the biggest thing is to get community chatter- get on the news, get buzz on campus... whatever it takes.

dunno gator, i think the SLC gets a single playoff bid, unless Lu or nicholls wins conference going undefeated and uiw finishes with only one conference loss.

SLC has a really bad reputation this year

can we just have a Red Out game?

I got a closet full of red shirts, ( cuz we used to be Big Red and red and white).

Besides, where you gonna go find black lu stuff ? Academy? No Wallyworld? No. Dicks Overpriced Full of Nothing I Want Emporium? Ha

do like the old texans unis. Battle red.

If those in power, the same who scheduled Oktoberfest on the same day and time as an Lu home game, pulled their heads out of their asses they would realize LU could be the best thing in Setexas. First year back there were banners up and down phelan, billboards, press, etc. Now i dont see jack didly shit.

Bmt, hell all cities in triangle, should be pumping up LU. Maybe get off their couch, turn off the aggy, horns, or lsu game. Take off your wannabe shirt and fricking support the local school.

done venting for now

If those in power, the same who scheduled Oktoberfest on the same day and time as an Lu home game, pulled their heads out of their asses they would realize LU could be the best thing in Setexas. First year back there were banners up and down phelan, billboards, press, etc. Now i dont see jack didly shit.

Bmt, hell all cities in triangle, should be pumping up LU. Maybe get off their couch, turn off the aggy, horns, or lsu game. Take off your wannabe shirt and fricking support the local school.

done venting for now

+1000