Lamar vs. Incarnate Word - October 28th, 3PM at Provost Umphrey

TexGator

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see LU making the playoffs under two scenarios: Winning all 4 games or only losing to UIW or Nicholls. My guess is LU, UIW and Nicholls are fighting for 2 playoff spots.

I would agree. I think 3-1 gets us a home game in the First Round.... 4-0 gets us the 8-seed and thus get to watch the First Round from our couches.

I would agree. I think 3-1 gets us a home game in the First Round.... 4-0 gets us the 8-seed and thus get to watch the First Round from our couches.

Wow, Lamar has come a long way in the positive direction on this message board. Never actually lived in Missouri, but I believe their motto is true. "Show Me" Everything is still on the table the next four games. 4-0 is a possibility, 0-4 is a possibility. Realistically 2-2 and a winning season is a fantastic turnaround from the last several years.

Wow, Lamar has come a long way in the positive direction on this message board. Never actually lived in Missouri, but I believe their motto is true. "Show Me" Everything is still on the table the next four games. 4-0 is a possibility, 0-4 is a possibility. Realistically 2-2 and a winning season is a fantastic turnaround from the last several years.

A winning season would be amazing.... but let's keep the focus on THIS WEEK.

First quarter Lamar receives the opening kickoff and fails to get a first down. UIW gets the ball on their forty yard line and quickly move the ball down to the Lamar five yard line before Lamar stiffens up forcing a field goal attempt and blocking the kick.

Although I said the Lamar defense was giving up too many yards with allowing what I think are bigger plays than they should, the defense has done ok compared to the lack of offensive production. Lamar punting has been a plus, with two punts downed inside the UIW five-yard line. Both times UIW started their drives that deep in their own territory, the defense forced them to punt the ball. Their last punt was returned to about the UIW thirty-five, and Lamar had a chance to potentially tie the game but at the end of a good pass Lamar fumbled the ball into the endzone and out of bounds giving the ball back to UIW. Lamar offense not doing enough at this point in the game and Lamar is lucky to be this close. Lamar has fifteen yards rushing on twelve attempts, a total of five first downs compared to ninety-six yards rushing for UIW and fifteen first downs. Edited by geezer

Frustrating game. Defense had a lot of good plays, but still gave up too many big plays (more than ten yards). Still the defense kept UIW out of the endzone for the most part. Offense wasn't anywhere near good enough against UIW's defense. Three games to go and if Lamar could win all three it might be enough for an at large berth, but those three wins will be hard to come by. Commerce lost by four points at HCU, so they should be close to an equal. Commerce lost by seventeen at UIW and have also lost to Nicholls by three scores. Following the game next week against Commerce, Lamar will travel to Nicholls who are still unbeaten in conference, but travel to UIW next week. I'll think about McNeese when it gets closer, will it be for something more than pride?