Northwestern State Cancels Remainder Of Season And Head Coach Resigns

lamarfan360

I find this situation bizarre. So Nichols, UIW, Tx A&M Commerce, HBC, and McNeese will play one less game in the SLC than Lamar and SELa. Makes for an interesting tie-breaking scenario. And those 5 schools get an extra bye week.

The coach was probably going to be fired anyway with 6 years of having a losing record each year.

I feel for the seniors in this situation, the football career is essentially over with no Senior Day recognition.

NSU states that they will refund the ticket holders for their remaining 2 home games, but what about the ticket holders at the 3 other schools?

I find this situation bizarre. So Nichols, UIW, Tx A&M Commerce, HBC, and McNeese will play one less game in the SLC than Lamar and SELa. Makes for an interesting tie-breaking scenario. And those 5 schools get an extra bye week.

The coach was probably going to be fired anyway with 6 years of having a losing record each year.

I feel for the seniors in this situation, the football career is essentially over with no Senior Day recognition.

NSU states that they will refund the ticket holders for their remaining 2 home games, but what about the ticket holders at the 3 other schools?

Good points.

While it's the "right" thing to do, it's hard to require NSU to be the one to refund the season ticket holders of the other schools.

Also, do the remaining schools on their schedule get credited with wins or loss of a game towards the championship?

Big question for SLC leadership. Will these be viewed as forfeits or as non-games? Does make it easier since they have not won any games. But in my opinion there should be some penalty associated with the NWLa decision.

I feel sorry for them having to endure this hardship, but it is not without precedence. Players die every year in college athletics, but does not compare to the tragedies the beset Marshall or Wichita State, when almost the entire team was killed. This player was not even playing in the SLC games. I wonder if the players had a say in this, since they did not mention it in the press release.

Another player on team was arrested for weapon and obstruction charges. Sounded like to me they may be related.

ive read a couple of articles, pretty confusing. But, IF I have this right, he had 2 roomates? Both arrested? 1 was a nose tackle on fb team, the other a 27 yr old ?

figured it was all gonna be drug buying or selling related.