Football versus Commerce Nov 4th

geezer

Lamar takes on A&M Commerce Saturday at 3 PM. By records this should be a Lamar win as Commerce lost to both HCU and UIW, but they have played a stiff schedule and although I think Lamar is much improved, Lamar will still need to play well. As with every game winning the line of scrimmage is key, both ways. Losses to three top fifteen teams and an FBS school aren't enough to continue to receive votes in the rankings. Edited by geezer

If we want to have a chance at the postseason, we have to win all 3 remaining RS games.

But, yes, according to the transitive property, this SHOULD be a win but there's no margin for error the rest of the season.

Beat A&M-Commerce this week and then worry about the big test of Nicholls after that.

It is 6:30pm November 3rd and Lamar still does not have a write up for the game tomorrow! I just do not understand

Only reason I can think of is that the person responsible for the pregame write up is traveling with the soccer team, but if that's the case it is still poor planning.

Only reason I can think of is that the person responsible for the pregame write up is traveling with the soccer team, but if that's the case it is still poor planning.

No, Kenneth Cline writes for the soccer program. I am kind of concerned about James Dixon. He normally has something written about the games by now.

Lamar special teams and defense steps up big for Lamar recovering a muffed punt by Commerce near midfield, and after the offense does nothing punts the ball downing it at the three yard line, and then the defense creates a fumble and recovery for a touchdown to give Lamar the lead with 2:32 left in the first quarter.

Commerce responds to the last Lamar touchdown with a ten play 75 yard drive for a touchdown to close the gap to 35-14. Lamar did have a defensive pass interference penalty, but Commerce executed their offense well on this drive. Edited by geezer

Commerce tries an onside kick but has two penalties associated with it giving Lamar the ball at the Commerce 44 yard line. Lamar runs four plays with the last one a 35 yard pass from Coleman to Jones for a touchdown. Lamar misses the extra point putting the score at 41-14 with 6:44 left in the game.