23/24 MBB Regular Season Tipping Off

geezer

At the second media timeout, Lamar up 27-13. Looks like Lamar has one thing they haven't had the last two years is some depth. Eleven players have played so far. Defense still appears to be less than adequate. So far not cutting off the opponent and leaving open some three point attempts.

Halftime and Cards up 68-27. So far Lamar has three players in double figures and have played twelve players. Negative Lamar has eight turnovers and twelve personal fouls. Lamar shooting 62% from the floor including 44.4% from three point range. Lamar has made 14-17 free throw attempts. Edited by geezer

13:26 left in the second half with Lamar up 85-42. That sounds great, but Lamar has played very sloppy this half and without energy.

Sloppy while up 40?

I'm okay with it.

Now, to play like they did in the 1st half against an NCAA team. Easy to overmatch Jarvis Christian.

Final score 114-66 Lamar shooting falls way off in the second half ending the game shooting 50% overall from the field and 32.3% for threes. Free throw percentage stayed up which hopefully bears well for the season at 84.6%. Lamar doubled up on total rebounds 60-29, which probably speaks to how overmatched Jarvis was. Sixteen total turnovers for the game, not good especially considering the competition. Twenty-six total fouls indicates Lamar was a step behind too much on defense. Terry Anderson ended the game with four steals, good defensive effort. Lamar ended the game with four players in double figures with BB Knight leading the way with nineteen points, Next up for Lamar is SMU Thursday evening. Edited by geezer

It's early but it appears Jackson and Knight were nice pickups for Brooks. And if they can get at least 2 of the big guys to play consistently then they may have decent season.
The best thing I saw of the game last night is that the three guards that played the most last year aren't needed to play more than one on the court at a time. I agree that Jackson and Knight are good pickups and together if not individually they more than replace Calamese. All of the 6-9 and bigger guys have some good parts in their play but all have parts that need work.

The best thing I saw of the game last night is that the three guards that played the most last year aren't needed to play more than one on the court at a time. I agree that Jackson and Knight are good pickups and together if not individually they more than replace Calamese. All of the 6-9 and bigger guys have some good parts in their play but all have parts that need work.

Best thing I saw is they were playing together and were unselfish with the ball.