Lamar MBB At SMU

lamarfan360

Overall Lamar still holding their own in the second half. Not as much one on five as last year from the guards. Hopefully can keep it about where the score difference is over the last part of the game or maybe even draw a little closer. I think SMU is to good to completely fall apart.

Final score, SMU 74 - Lamar 61. Score wise Lamar played SMU even in the second half. SMU doubled up Lamar on offensive rebounds, and had more than double free throw attempts. I like Terry Andersons quick hands on defense. Edited by geezer

Score wise yes, but how did they get that many more attempts? Not blocking out on for the SMU offensive rebounds, even though Lamar was pressing Lamar was still out of position and a step late on defense too many times. Points off of turnovers and fastbreak points. There are many areas Lamar must improve on.

Score wise yes, but how did they get that many more attempts? Not blocking out on for the SMU offensive rebounds, even though Lamar was pressing Lamar was still out of position and a step late on defense too many times. Points off of turnovers and fastbreak points. There are many areas Lamar must improve on.

Sorry, at work unable to watch the game. Thanks for your assessment.

Agree. I can

Agree. I cannot say the officiating sucked. I want to say we played much better defensively than last year because we did not give up a bunch of wide open threes but it may have been that SMU was just determined to score inside one way or another. It seemed like we had a TON more movement on offense but it did not really result in many easy shots so I am not confident yet that anything has changed. I do think it is a good thing that we kept battling.

Man, we had a bunch of dumb, lazy passes.