Lamar MBB at McNeese Tonight

Skinny1

Cards hop across the river tonight to take on 14-2 McNeese tonight. Cowcrap have won their last 9 games and are undefeated at home. Should be a hostile crowd tonight, McNeese had 4200 inbreds in the stands for last Saturdays game versus SELa.

Tonight, we will find out how far Lamar has improved. Wish I still lived in the area as I used to enjoy making the trip to Lake Chuck. I will admit I am surprised by how far McNeese seems to have progressed and it would appear that McNeese's coaches prediction of 23 wins is definitely a strong possibility with only needing nine wins out of the fifteen conference games remaining. A win tonight for the Cards will need a complete game by almost every Cardinal player. Especially on the boards and defensively. The optimist in me thinks Lamar can win, the pessimist is just hoping to stay inside of twenty.

Wells is definitely the leading scorer at almost twenty per game, but there are four others averaging over ten. Richards is another that Lamar well have to stop. He is a 45% shooter beyond the arc and we know how poorly Lamar does in stopping three-point shooters. Wells is good from beyond the arc also but has shot twenty less three-pointers. It well be interesting to see what kind of defense Lamar plays predominantly tonight and who guards who in the man to man defense.

Getting a win tonight will be a tall order. Will Wade has assembled a pretty amazing team for the Southland Conference. Although they haven't played as well in conference as they did in non conference they're going to be really tough at home. Their crowds have sky rocketed this year with the excitement regarding the Will Wade era. That's not going to help. I hope we pull off the upset. Go Cards.

With 11:09 left in the 1st half McNeese has moved out to an eight point lead 19-11 on the back of three-pointers. Lamar has been in a zone and not able to catch up to the ball as McNeese's quick ball movement gets an open look at the three-pointer.

At the half, McNeese has a six-point lead 41-35 scoring the last six points of the half. Turnovers and committing shooting fouls is the difference so far. McNeese is 11 of 12 from the free-throw line compared to Lamar's 4 of 4 and Lamar has 10 turnovers to McNeese's 5.

Final 88-69 McNeese wins. McNeese won the rebound battle, the turnover difference and made fourteen more free throws.

No doubt that we would have lost anyway but the officiating was questionable at best.

The difference in the game is McNeese has attempted and made a lot more free throws. I am listening to the game so maybe the Cardinals are out of position, I do not know.

39 total fouls called. Typical for a womens game.

Attendance was posted as 3500, 3400 being inbred coon-asses.